Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Oregon
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 AM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Question Oregon RMLS data to 1004MC

Anyone figure out the correct way to do this?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM

Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

NAIFA is offering a class this Wednesday at Clackamas Community College.
If you're a member (with an education certificate) it's only $35 including materials. It's an 8 hour class and supposed to be "in-depth".

Non members can attend as well. Not sure the cost but it's on the website.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Thanks, too far away for me and I already have and appointment then. There are never any classes in Bend darn it. Let me know how much data filtering is required.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU Beavers View Post
Thanks, too far away for me and I already have and appointment then. There are never any classes in Bend darn it. Let me know how much data filtering is required.
Brad Armburst will be in Bend tomorrow.

Just took his class today and believe me he was great!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:52 PM

My entire office took Brad's class and it was a good one. There's currently no "easy" way to do it, Beav. With the RMLS you have to run 6 separate searches - three by list date and three by sold date. Remember the RMLS is going to give you averages, not medians, so you'll need to disclose that. You can muddle through it on your own but I highly recommend a class. The instructors will give you tons of helpful hints and insight as to what Fannie is looking for. I think most will agree it's too much to impart in this forum but hopefully that gets you started!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM

I b!tched, they answered:

Attention Appraisers: Help With the 1004MC is on the Way

We’re Adding Median Information at the End of the Month

Appraisers, we’ve heard that Fannie Mae is requiring you to fill out a new 1004MC form starting April 1, 2009. Later this month, we are adding the following statistics to the Summary Only report on RMLSweb to assist you in filling out the form:
•Median DOM
•Median List Price
•Median Sale Price
•Median SQFT
•Median % SP/LP

Your welcome.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM

I also sent in a request that RLMS add in a nice lil time saving search feature. Instead of having to enter in the dates, a addition to the drop down list to break it up from current day (and or a window to enter in the inspection date) to 4-6 months and 7-12 months... obviously current to 3 months is allready there.

In addition there is a nice download on the efannie.com site that talks about the new form for those still

Lastly... statisically I dont see how this form is valid. From a Eugene standpoint there isnt really a big enough market segment to give a good measurement. /shrug.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Well, sorry to let you know SOMLS has made all the changes to accomodate the 1004MC as of today!!!

Now what they did is really great and they really worked hard, but the data is not correct.

Brokers do not report concessions and therefore, the 1004MC information is invalid. Really good try.

Read the article on Appraisalscoop.com and make sure you are in compliance with the 1004MC, no matter what the data reflects!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM

Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeman View Post
Well, sorry to let you know SOMLS has made all the changes to accomodate the 1004MC as of today!!!

Now what they did is really great and they really worked hard, but the data is not correct.

Brokers do not report concessions and therefore, the 1004MC information is invalid. Really good try.

Read the article on Appraisalscoop.com and make sure you are in compliance with the 1004MC, no matter what the data reflects!!!!
Last I heard, the Board of Directors approved mandatory reporting on SOMLS for realtors to indicate the amount of concessions. They are even having fines for omission of concessions
Old 04-03-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
Last I heard, the Board of Directors approved mandatory reporting on SOMLS for realtors to indicate the amount of concessions. They are even having fines for omission of concessions
Wish RMLS did that. Save a heck of alot of time. Fines...might be alil much, but realtors should know that information is pertenant.

On a side note for sales concessions- I still hear about people/appraisers that dont call to find out sales concessions because of some legality awhile back that basically boiled down to realtors not being able to disclose certain info (cant remember what it was cause I personally ignored it and still made my call to ask and they have always given it to me). So a few appraisers used and continue to use that as a scape goat.

Closed Thread