Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > General Real Estate and Real Estate Finance
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default I knew it!

Net Branch Sued Over YSPs to Hispanics
A net branch firm based in California has been sued by the government over allegations that its originators charged higher yield-spread premiums to Hispanic borrowers. The 45-branch operation says it originates $2 billion annually.
Golden Empire Mortgage Inc. was sued last week in U.S. District Court For the Central District of California by the Federal Trade Commission, according to a copy of the complaint.

Also named as a defendant is owner Howard D. Kootstra.
http://www.MortgageDaily.com/Discrim...mpire051109.as

Any comments especially CA appraisers?
Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2009, 03:32 PM

I bet you!... these LO's were also hispanic!~ cannibalistic world we live in! beware!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:00 PM

Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Subprime at it's finest.

Check out Countrywide's own foreclosures site. Look carefully at areas with the highest levels of foreclosures-run some demographics on them and you'll notice what appears to me to be a PATTERN. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of these 'lenders' were all doing the same things.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:53 PM

State: Arizona
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Lenders HAD TO lend to many that couldn't, wouldn't pay back the money or face the fines & possibly shut down, from the goverrnment for discrimination!! Not saying the banks are the good guys just saying the government are the "Badder" guys.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Lenders HAD TO lend to many that couldn't, wouldn't pay back the money or face the fines & possibly shut down, from the goverrnment for discrimination!! Not saying the banks are the good guys just saying the government are the "Badder" guys.
Yes, the Leftist dogma that EVERYBODY deserves to own a home has been proven to be a disaster. Reminds me of the GREEN (I'm beginning to hate that word) light bulbs they are trying to mandate that contain so much mercury that there is a 15 step EPA guideline on what to do when you break one. Yeah, that's good for the environment. Or the Prius batteries or.....don't get me started.

Mike
Old 05-14-2009, 03:57 PM

State: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinLA View Post
Yes, the Leftist dogma that EVERYBODY deserves to own a home has been proven to be a disaster. Reminds me of the GREEN (I'm beginning to hate that word) light bulbs they are trying to mandate that contain so much mercury that there is a 15 step EPA guideline on what to do when you break one. Yeah, that's good for the environment. Or the Prius batteries or.....don't get me started.

Mike
You do know that the "the Leftist dogma that EVERYBODY deserves to own a home" was going on while Bush was in office. I really wish people would stop being blinded by the whole left/right thing, because all of the public is just really in the middle getting screwed. I live in Austin and they mandated a recycle system that give you a BIG container to put paper and plastic items in, it was suppose to be great for everyone, well in an article in the paper about a month ago it was revealed that Dallas and San Antonio have both made a handsome profit from the exact program. But Austin has LOST $987,000 and collected about 33% more paper/plastic than Dallas. But hey as long as people feel good about themselves.

Last edited by Cob : 05-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:44 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.

Bush was just another leftie.He sure wasn't a Conservative.Obama knows knows the fundamentals of Marxism...He is running left...so enjoy lefties...buy some beans and ammo with food stamps...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 PM

State: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novajehova View Post
I bet you!... these LO's were also hispanic!~ cannibalistic world we live in! beware!
I am sure that you are absolutely right....I have friends in the mortgage business that have said that being a Spanish speaking loan officer is like having a license to kill.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 AM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: General Public
Wink Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by timd354 View Post
I am sure that you are absolutely right....I have friends in the mortgage business that have said that being a Spanish speaking loan officer is like having a license to kill.
==================
Probably mean bilingual, but reguardless of that;
it may not really be related to hispanics at all.

For example wonder what % of those Hispanics that Rachel Cohen mentioned had an interest bearing bank account????????????????
Innocent til proven guilty reguardless.

And by the way, i like doing business with Hispanics..............................
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread