Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 AM

State: Delaware
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Contract of Sale in Appraisal Package

I've tried to call ACI, Que #14 yesterday, and #8 right now and waiting. Our V.A. region now requires that the full sales contract be incorporated within the appraisal package, which is uploaded to the V.A. site.
First thought: I have to scan each and every page (could be 40 for new construction) into the V.A. package, then upload it to the V.A. site
Second thought: Call ACI and find out how I can incorporate a PDF file within my upload package to the V.A. (that's figuring that the contract will come to me in a PDF file from the lender)

Third thought: Why am I doing this?

Anybody have other suggestions as to how to do this?
Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Supporting Member

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Dixon View Post
I've tried to call ACI, Que #14 yesterday, and #8 right now and waiting. Our V.A. region now requires that the full sales contract be incorporated within the appraisal package, which is uploaded to the V.A. site.
First thought: I have to scan each and every page (could be 40 for new construction) into the V.A. package, then upload it to the V.A. site Second thought: Call ACI and find out how I can incorporate a PDF file within my upload package to the V.A. (that's figuring that the contract will come to me in a PDF file from the lender)

Third thought: Why am I doing this?

Anybody have other suggestions as to how to do this?
I don't use ACI so I can't tell you what their capacity is for PDF uploads within their software. Alamode can handle the addition of a 40 page PDF.

However, there is another route. You will need either a full version of Adobe Acrobat, or one of its competing clones. These softwares have a merge function that allows you to merge two or several PDFs into one large file. You use your scanner to scan the contract directly to a PDF format. Then append that PDF to the back end of your completed report PDF. You will need to disable security on your report writing PDF, then reset security for the merged file.

While this new VA requirement is a PITA on its face, it may actually have a silver lining. I doubt many AMC or AI Ready conversion softwares will handle the contract PDFs properly, which will tend the reinforce the devlivery of the report in the secure PDF format. A format that is more amenable to our interests than the decompiling, data grabbing, softwares in use at many AMCs.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM

State: Delaware

Thank you, Calvin.

I got through to ACI and tech told me there's no ACI way to incorporate the contract within the ACI report, other than scanning each page on a blank page within the report. However, I will work with this, as your idea seems reasonable. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Supporting Member

State: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Dixon View Post
Thank you, Calvin.

I got through to ACI and tech told me there's no ACI way to incorporate the contract within the ACI report, other than scanning each page on a blank page within the report. However, I will work with this, as your idea seems reasonable. I'll give it a try.
I had to do just this the other day when one of my peers found her SFREP software would only allow for 15 pages to be added into her report by her software.

I recommend everyone own a full version of Adobe Acrobat. It is handy for so many projects. But there are good alternatives. Nuance makes some affordable PDF writers with all the features of Adobe at about a third the cost.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM

State: Arkansas

See My Post In Fha/va.

Piece Of Cake To Merge In Aci.

Berry At Ipa . Net For Pm If Additional Help Needed.

Arkie Ed
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM

State: California

Email it to someone with full Acrobat, have them save it as jpegs. Then cut and paste into blank photo pages.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM

State: Pennsylvania

Adobe has an optimize function that will allow you to make a voluminous PDF file much smaller to facilitate sending the data. Proper optimizing settings will shrink the file to 1/2 to 1/3 its original size.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread