Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:21 PM

State: Minnesota
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Question Changing "free form" line styles

I KNOW I used to be able to do this on an older version of Apex-but with the latest "upgrades" I can not for the life of me find out how to change the line style for free form, the F5 function. The reason I ask is that because the free form lines come out to faint on my hard copy/file copy to read, or any printed copy for that matter. I am a member of the old school and include interior lines in my sketches. I wandered thru the on line manual and "help" to no avail

Upgrades aren't
Tech support doesn't
Help isn't

TYIA.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 PM

State: Arizona

I do detailed sketches. Are your free form lines lighter than mine? I am using the latest version of Medina. But I can't find where you change the free form size/color either but my sketches look fines the way they are.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NONAME01.pdf (19.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton View Post
I do detailed sketches. Are your free form lines lighter than mine? I am using the latest version of Medina. But I can't find where you change the free form size/color either but my sketches look fines the way they are.
You can get to the line formats three ways that I know of:

1 - on the command pad there's a button "line style"

2 - you can right click the line and pick the "line attributes" dialog

3 - you can go in off the menu bar at the top to "edit" "fonts and lines" and choose "line properties".

There are probably a couple other ways, too.

FYI, for interior doorways I usually use the eraser symbol, resize it to 3x3 and drop it onto the solid lines. It's super fast and I don't have to sweat getting my interior walls straight. YMMV
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Medina.pdf (62.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Thank you George--I have tried that through the years but it doesn't apply to free form. I have done that for calculated areas occasionally.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 AM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Which Way Do The Doors Swing On The Bedrooms?

Smart Alex In Arkansas.

Really The Drawing Is Very Good-ed
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

FoxtrotTango,

What version do you have? Select "about" from the Help menu and give me the version number and date shown.

With Medina (aka v4) one of the "upgrades" (LOL) was to make changing Free Form lines easier and to add a Default" setting. This was a user request because it wasn't really accessible in earlier versions.

Anyway, if you let me know what version you have, I will be happy to guide you to the right place... :-) Assuming you have a v4 product and want to just get straight to it, look on the Configuration dialog to set the default (see image below.) If you want to change Free Form lines en masse after you have already drawn them, select Free Form lines from the Edit/Select menu. Once they are selected, using the change Linestyle function should work.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 09-20-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Thank you Randall--got it now changed--never thought of looking in Default for free form lines. Oh by the way, any chance to get an L shaped shower icon? The subject sketch had an L shaped shower in the master bath, I finally decided to just put a rectangular one in--although I guess I could have used two icons--one a small square.

I don't put the swing of the bedroom doors but my closets are unique. If you notice you have to open the closet door for the room where it is located to read the word closet. I just sketch the dimension to the door opening instead of using the eraser--although I do use the eraser at times when the wall is at an odd angle or maybe curved. Like I have said before doing a sketch in Apex is more fun than Etch A Sketch or any computer games!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread