Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Arkansas
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default New Investigator

I Have Nothing But Praise For Our New Investigator. First Decent Job In Months.
Glad The Board Realized That Persons Not Doing Real Appraisals In 16 Years Presented Some Generation Problems.
Happy Me.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

He is well respected in that area. I hope for the best.

Frankly, I think that the current board is one of the best. I had some issues years ago with an appraiser whom I disagreed with over an assignment for the bank he worked for as their in-house reviewer. He assured me that what he was asking was perfectly fine under USPAP...never mind the property was in another state from Arkansas & he wasn't familar with that area (being from E. AR). I was surprised later to find that he had served on the board in the mid-90s...

I still recall when Fred Rausch came to the NWAAS meeting and said there was a clear divide between the "strict constructionists" and the "if credible then its OK to have a few errors" (quotes are mine) on the board.

The Ohio board being overturned (see Gen Dis.) in the Ricketts case is a a reason for pause. When the board screws up, then it has real impact upon innocent people. I do not like and I do not support the notion that boards are supposed to pillar each and everyone that comes before them. And it seems that there is enormous pressure on boards to do exactly that. And that pressure comes largely from the ASC.

Again, I don't believe in sanctions over mickey mouse things. There are plenty of people who are committing big time frauds. It is identifying them that the board should focus on, not HO whining because they didn't get their way.

One of my colleagues in MO had the pleasure of spending time before a board over a Calif. Broker complaining that she couldn't use the report because the value wasn't high enough and she wanted her fee back. And she wrote that exactly that way. This complaint should have been dismissed without even contacting the appraiser. It was a joke, a very expensive joke upon a good appraiser.

Last edited by Terrel L. Shields : 06-05-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread