Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:24 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default Apex 3 & angles

I am relatively new to apex sketch and can't find the solution to my problem in the help section. I am drawing a house that has a straight wall and then the next section angles off at a 45 degree angle. If I put in my distance for this second wall that is at a 45 degree angle to the first wall then I have to use my arrow key to move this second wall until it is at a 45 degree angle. Then the length of my second wall is off.
Any Apex users on the forum today that can explain this to me.
Thanks
Ke n
Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2009, 06:37 PM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

20' (length) L or R (Left or Right) 45 (degrees). Enter 20L45 Hope that helps.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 PM

State: Arizona

If your angle is 45 degrees you can use the short cut keys of page up, page down, end, and home, typing in the length of that wall. If you only have the rise and fall type the number of feet for the rise and the number of feet for the fall. That will go the distance of the length and also figure out your actual degree of angle for you.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:05 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

multiply the length by .71--then that figure arrow up(or down) then arrow (right or left).
me thinks.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:13 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Thanks All You have helped
Ken
Old 06-15-2009, 08:31 AM

State: Arizona

One other tip if you have an odd shaped house. Sketch the exterior dimensions in free form first--you can back up, go forward, draw on the opposite of the screen, etc, etc, etc and the computer won't get its little brain scrambled. Once the drawing is squared, select the calculated area you want and just follow the dots. Then delete your free form lines.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Ken,

Ron and Jo Ann have the right of it - both are correct and represent the most common methods. Ed's technique works but takes too much effort IMHO... ;-)

If you need more help or examples, you can always go to the link below for some tutorial videos. One in the bottom section deals with "Drawing Angles" but you may want to select the one labeled "Learn Apex Medina Appraiser." It shows to be some 47 minutes long, but it is really a string of almost 70 short videos tied together with a navigation control that lets you select which item you may want to get a tutorial on. The program shown is version 4 (aka "Medina") but the techniques are the same for Apex v3.

http://www.apexwin.com/v5/Videos/Appraiser/index.php

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I Need That Dim To Check The Total Side Dim.
But You Are Correct.
Happy Calcs.
Ed
Old 06-15-2009, 12:00 PM

State: Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett View Post
Ken,

Ron and Jo Ann have the right of it - both are correct and represent the most common methods. Ed's technique works but takes too much effort IMHO... ;-)

If you need more help or examples, you can always go to the link below for some tutorial videos. One in the bottom section deals with "Drawing Angles" but you may want to select the one labeled "Learn Apex Medina Appraiser." It shows to be some 47 minutes long, but it is really a string of almost 70 short videos tied together with a navigation control that lets you select which item you may want to get a tutorial on. The program shown is version 4 (aka "Medina") but the techniques are the same for Apex v3.

http://www.apexwin.com/v5/Videos/Appraiser/index.php

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

Randall,

Can you solve a problem for me, apparently tech support could not. I have a problem with placing symbols from the library on my sketch. I place the symbol on a specific line and the symbol jumps away(1/8") from the line when I hit hitting enter or click the button on the mouse. I have tried the snap tool/grid and nothing seems to help, the symbol keeps jumping (1/8"). It will finally stay in place after several attempts. Also, some of the symbols do not have hot button to reposition symbol.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Hi Ron,

I'll check with a technician when I get to the office to see if one of them can show me what you are describing. In the interim, if you will create and send me an example sketch (with Symbols, please), it will give me something to go on.

Sorry so brief for the moment - I am in and out this week.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread