Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Area Calculations again again

OK this is driving me crazy. Apex will only work with my SFREP version 7.9 software if I open it from the form, under tools. But in order for that to work, I had to uninstall the independent Apex Medina. Because it wasn't printing the calculations, after I did everything I was supposed to like the last time when it worked, I now re-installed Apex Medina from v4.3 from their website, but now Apex will not work AT ALL with my software. I don't know what to do!

If I install it independently of SFREP, it prints with calculations. If I uninstall it, then it works in the appraisal software, but doesn't print calculations. No win!

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

LaPlaya,

Reading between the lines of your post, it sounds like you have a version or licensing mismatch/issue (?) Do you know the version number that is/was working from within SFREP? If version 4.3 is licensed to work through SFREP, it should also work "stand alone", too. I don't have access to the customer database from my remote location, so I can't check your record tonight, but I will look into it in the morning when I am at the office. I'll need you to send me your basic info via PM here or by e-mail at the address spelled out below (I doubt we have a "LaPlaya" in the database, LOL)

In the interim, I am taking a stab at something that might work if you need to get a report out before then. I am assuming you have something like v3.x integrated with your SFREP program for this first work-around. If your v4.3 is working (with calcs, etc.) draw your sketch and use File/Save As... and select the v3 format when you save the file to someplace you can easily remember (i.e. your desktop.) Thern get your v3 working in integrated mode with SFREP. Open your report and start a new sketch. Then use File/Import to load the sketch file you saved previously. When you save and exit, things should populate in the report as before.

Another thing you can do is to use the built-in drag-n-drop from within v4.3... It is an extra step when compared to a fully integrated session, but it may be easier overall than what is described above. Open your report in SFREP, then navigate to the sketch addendum page. Load up Apex v4.3 in stand-alone mode and load your sketch. Select File/Export > Data and Apex will minimize to reveal your SFREP program running behind it. There will be a small dialog with your calculated Areas floating on top. If your SFREP Sketch Addenda page allows an image to be copy/pasted in, you can drag the sketch preview below the calculations table into the sketch addendum "container" and then move to the appropriate fields on the report form and use drag-n-drop to put the desired calculations into the report. Your SFREP program will then distribute those calculations throughout the report as if you had just typed them in manually.

Here is a link showing a short video of using the Data Export feature. It shows dragging the sketch into something like MS Word, Excel, etc. but any program that accepts pasting in an object will work (this is what it is doing behind the scenes, just using the drag-n-drop "tool"/method.) It isn't obvious in the video that it is adding pages for each sketch drug into the Word doc, but if you watch it to the end, you'll get the idea. The drag-n-drop example for data into excel is similar to moving the desired calculations into a field in the form.

Failing all that, you can save the sketch as a PDF using File/Print ? Print to PDF and then load the sketch into a blank or sketch type addendum, then type in the appropriate calculations.

http://tinyurl.com/kraevw
The PDF portion starts at about the 7:35 mark and the Data Export starts at about the 8:15 mark. You can click ahead on the progress bar in the video player to skip past the other things in the video.

Also, here is a link to a collection of some 65+ tutorial videos. You may use the navigation bar on the left side to move between topics of interest.
http://tinyurl.com/de3c68

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

rgarrett [at] apexwin

/end/
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread