Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 AM

State: Connecticut
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related
Default Error Encountered While Attemping to Save File:

Hey guys, I really don't know much about this ACI program but I have a customer that has 3 users running ACI and they all have the same problem. Intermittently while they are working within ACI this error message pops up:
(Error encountered while attempting to save file I:\Program Files \ACI32\Reports\xxxxx.zoo make sure the disk is in the drive and that there is enough room on the disk for the report file, do you want to try again?)

Now the mapped drive I: has 60gb of space available so it's not running out of room. I don't think it's a connection problem because outlook never disconnects and I can always browse to all mapped drives thru explorer.
Any advice guys ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM

State: Other Non-US
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Yes,

Find out the path they really are saving their reports to and correct it in the ACI software autosave. Turn off autosave.... check the network sharing and setup. It never had a thing to do with available space at the storage location. The software can't find the path.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:06 AM

Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Alright, I just disabled "autosave", lets keep our fingers crossed.
Thanks webbed Feet.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 AM

State: Other Non-US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves World View Post
Alright, I just disabled "autosave", lets keep our fingers crossed.
Thanks webbed Feet.
If that kills the error message..... you verify the network "Path" is indeed correct.. and the three suspect puters are all using Vista.... you then go in and turn off UAC (User Account Control) on each one that is blocking the network all up and preventing network access to that path........ As I'll bet ACI is not really VISTA friendly yet... Appraisal software companies don't like admitting that very much.

After that, we suspect firewalls and virus checking software... you turn those off on all machines and turn the autosave back on ..IF THE PATH IS CORRECT ..and your network sharing on each machine is setup correctly... . just like turn off the Vista UAC's and turn the autosave back on......

After you get it fixed and working..... you then make sure yer boss knows who really fixed it!

Last edited by Head Surfer : 08-30-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: profanity removed
Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 AM

agreed Mr Feet; also ifn you are using Vista - it best be the "32 Bit" program

most software we use is not "64 Bit" compliant

most techs. can get you around the issue, but the amount of keystrokes to accomplish that are "Time Bandits" - we are in the "Time Shortage" business, less is more better (blakboard scratching wit finganails here)
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread