Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM

State: Utah
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee
Default Cut Off Sketching Area

I was messing around with my settings yesterday and now somehow my sketching area is much smaller. Not sure what I did. I use to be able to draw lines that are quite long(at least as long as the sketch area/page is wide). But now it appears that my sketching area is only about the size of piece of paper wide. any line I draw thats longer than that goes off the sketching area. Any ideas on what I did or how I fix it? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am using Apex Medina V.4.0 with Windows XP.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

You should have an icon on the side of your draw area that is called scale. (The ruler)

Under engineering set your printed scale to 1"= 10" first row.

You can also choose custom at the bottom and set it to different sizes.

If this is what you are talking about you can also check save scale as default to save the settings on future work.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:08 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Hi Cody,

It sounds like you may have toggled on the "View Whole Page" function. With the normal/typical Sketch Addendum format, the sketching area is closely matched to the aspect of a 4:3 ratio monitor. Normally, inadvertently selecting this function doesn't seem to do much unless you are either using a wide screen (i.e 16:10 or 16:9) monitor or if you are using one of the Full Page Addenda. Anyway, you should be able to toggle it back to what you are used to seeing by selecting the appropriate menu item.

You mentioned that you are using v4.0. If that is true, you really should update to a more recent version. Updates - i.e. v4.0 to v4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc. are free to you and there have been many improvements in the 2 or 3 years since v4.0 was released. You may as well take advantage of them, and like I said, it is a free update... :-)

To check your version number, select "About" from the Help menu - you should see a version number and date published there.

Anyway, assuming you are on v4.0, the toggle mentioned above is found as "Toggle Whole Page" under the Edit menu. If you are using v4.1 or higher, it is also under the View menu, but if you are using the standard Ribbon interface (vs. "Classic"), it will be labeled "Whole Page" - see screen shot comparison image below.

To download the latest version, go to this page:
http://www.apexwin.com/v5/download/medina.php

For some tutorial videos, follow the link below. This video has 68 short tutorials in it and there is a menu system on the left side to let you select the item of interest.
http://www.apexwin.com/v5/Videos/App...appraiser.html

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 09-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM

State: Utah
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

WOW! Thank you for all that. Problem solved and I think will do the update this evening. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Glad things worked out Cody. If you are moving from v4.0 to the newer version(s), you'll note that we changed the UI to the more modern Ribbon Bar interface. Most find it more efficient, but if you feel you need to go back to the "Classic" interface, you would control this from the "Misc." tab on the Configurations dialog as seen in the picture below. The Classic interface is not 100% like v4.0 and earlier versions as features and functionality items were added, but the look and feel is substantially the same as in previous versions. You might want to watch the New User Interface and Ribbon Bar videos at the link below to see what the Ribbon Bar is all about.

http://www.apexwin.com/v5/Videos/Appraiser/index.php

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 09-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread