Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:44 PM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: General Public
Default Apex jittery

Hello board. I do inspections for the insurance industry, and we use Apex IV Insurance version 2.91.1073.1.

I am having an issue with the curser jumping slightly while I am in the middle of the drawing. I'm using a lenovo laptop with a touch pad and the red button in the center of the keyboard. I have the pad disabled as that was giving me way too many strays. I am using a usb wireless lazer mouse, but even when I'm sure I'm not moving it, or the pad, or the surface everything is on, I still get jumps and hiccups. Drawing the same wall four times is getting old.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Hi Tom Rod,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I am away from my desk and only have intermittent Internet connection where I am.

From your description, it sounds like your "track stick" is the culprit. Tracking nubs are notorious for this behavior, and it was common on some of my own Lenovo, Fujitsu and other laptops/convertibles. It isn't so noticeable when working in a form or word processor type program, but will show up more when trying to draw, etc. I just got used to it, but you might check to see if your Lenovo has a utility to disable the track stick since you are using a conventional mouse for this functionality anyway.

Let me know if I have misinterpreted the question/problem and I'll see what I can do to help.

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Old 07-20-2009, 09:39 AM

Hi Randall,

I hadn't thought of that, sillily enough. It does make sense that I'm also using a usb keypad for the numbers then place my hand on the laptop to arrow or enter, so that actually makes a lot of sense. I should be able to disable it the same way I disabled the touch pad. Thanks for the advice.

Tom
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM

I disabled both the pad and the button in CMOS, and it is still jittery. Would the fact that the usb mouse is a lazer mouse have any effect? Is that any more sensitive? I've even decreased the sensitivity in the mouse properties.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:07 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Hi TR,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've just returned from my trip.

I don't think the fact that it is a laser (vs. roller ball type) mouse is a factor. I think the best plan of action is to get you to PM me with your contact info or give us a call and we will schedule an on-line session so we can see what is going on.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread