Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Drug Test

THE JOB - URINE TEST
(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)
Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass - doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.
Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Some thing has to change in this country -- and soon!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 PM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: Banking/Mortgage Industry

I AGREE!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM

State: California
Professional Status: General Public

Maybe it would help with the so-called "war on drugs" too. I'll bet at least half the drug users would quit if not quiting meant giving up their welfare check. (I realize there is such a thing as addiction, no lecture please).
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM

State: Nevada

Great idea but most politicians don't want the war on drugs to end. It gives them something to stand against.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Homer will just have to ask Bart for clean urine. Stat!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:45 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe after passing 3 or 4 tests successfully, they can be excused from taking further tests. No sense in wasting the money.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I'm all for it.

I had to take a drug test to be a bank teller when I was in college. The testing center was located in Milwaukee's inner-city and I'm sure I was the only one in the room that wasn't a convicted felon.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 AM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark scott View Post
Great idea but most politicians don't want the war on drugs to end. It gives them something to stand against.
If the wars on poverty and drugs were ever won, it would be the end of our economy.

We have no idea how many businesses profit from these situations. The business of the poor and drug infested is HUGE.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM

Of course they should.

I really find it amazing that people can look around them, see this kind of dysfunction, see problems with the DMV, post office, SSI, medicare, $100,000 toilet seats from the DOD, and on and on, and then come to the conclusion that we should ever do anything but reduce and limit the role of government in every way possible.

The FF's outlined it pretty nicely...."establish justice, ensure domestic tranqulity, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare." That's it!. And if you'll notice three of those are mandates.... "establish", "ensure", "provide", and one is a squishy word "promote" an only in a "general" sense. They didnt say to "provide specific welfare".
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 AM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphic View Post
Of course they should.

I really find it amazing that people can look around them, see this kind of dysfunction, see problems with the DMV, post office, SSI, medicare, $100,000 toilet seats from the DOD, and on and on, and then come to the conclusion that we should ever do anything but reduce and limit the role of government in every way possible.

The FF's outlined it pretty nicely...."establish justice, ensure domestic tranqulity, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare." That's it!. And if you'll notice three of those are mandates.... "establish", "ensure", "provide", and one is a squishy word "promote" an only in a "general" sense. They didnt say to "provide specific welfare".
How much tranquility do you think we would have if not for the hush money (welfare)?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread