Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 PM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default GSE: McDonalds, AVMS, LendingTree?

It's absolutely amazing what one can find, when one is not searching for it. I got a new order from a company that I have never worked for, so typed in the company name, and this is what I find.

I always tried to stay away from the black helicopter stories, but they seem to have some teeth.

This is very old stuff, but it is relevant, and helps to explain how we got here. Learn from our mistakes.

MBA is also mentioned in the recent NY Times article about how they influenced the changes in the HVCC.

If nothing else, it's gives an over view of how the system works, and in their opinion how it's broken.

"MBA that there should be boundaries between the primary and secondary mortgage markets and limitations to the powers and activities of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac"

"References to certain events, such as the commercial loan to Lending Tree"

"Deployment of automated valuation models which crowd out competing systems that compute appraised value; "

"GSE agreement with McDonald's to provide electronic kiosks for consumer mortgage information "

"GSE commercial loan to Lending Tree electronic broker "

"GSE development of proprietary technologies as a separate for-profit business line rather than also developing or approving third-party standards for risk management and other functions "

http://www.mortgagebankers.org/docum...tterSenate.pdf
Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2009, 02:48 PM

State: Colorado

I wonder how many of those companies are still around?

Last edited by Workbox : 08-25-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:57 PM

State: New York

Consumer Confidence, Reality, and Credibility be damned!! The mindset which espouses that an Appraisal and an AVM are perceived as no different than a Big Mac to be doled out from an ATM-like machine as a retail product which should cost no more than that Big Mac - continue to intentionally misguide and mislead the American Consumers via Lobbyist-elected Representatives who often forget they once lived on Main Street.

Closed Thread