Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Watercooler
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:42 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default License Plate Search

Does anyone know where to search the license plate of a vehicle in IL. I saw some one bump into my car and crack my bumper and happened so get there plates. I've seen a bunch of website that search for you for a fee but am not sure if they work. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 AM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

You may not need to do that. I would contact the police and your insurance company and give them that information; they'll handle the rest.

But if you insist...I have done it here in NY. Start by contacting the Department of Motor Vehicles; not the local office, but the state office. Typically you have to fill out a form and pay a fee. You may be required to provide proof of who you are, such as a copy of your driver's license.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 AM

State: New York

"leaving the scene of an accident" ...........call the Police - let them handle it.

July 6, 2005 Copyright 2005, West Frankfort Daily American
Governor teams up with State Police for DUI crackdown; Offenders will face stiffer penalties under new laws
By Tara Fasol Wednesday, July 6, 2005 9:11 AM CDT Staff Writer
As the Illinois State Police continue to crackdown on drunk driving with one of the largest efforts in state history, Governor Rod Blagojevich is getting on board the aggressive campaign by stiffening penalties for those convicted of DUI (driving under the influence).
"The governor signed new legislation yesterday," said ISP Master Sgt. Mike Hooks. "What it did was enhance the penalty for DUI."
On the Fourth of July, the governor signed several bills that aimed at driving home the importance of safety behind the wheel, primarily targeting those whose intoxicated driving results in the death of another person.

In other legislation targeting hit-and-run drivers, anyone leaving the scene of an accident will be required to submit to chemical testing within 12 hours of the incident or face losing their license.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Without a police report the damage will be paid under your collision (most likely hit and run), deductible applies (varies by state).

Call the police.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread