Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Oregon
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Certified Exam

Anyone taken the certified exam in Oregon recently? I'd appreciate any study pointers. Other states have noted that it's fairly math intensive...
Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 PM

Professional Status: General Public

Kimberly

I looked at all of our exams awhile back when Oregon was thinking of doing our own and I've seen the new exams.

I'm dumbfounded at how simple they are - as long as you have 5 fingers on each hand, you can master the math! They are so simple that a caveman can easily pass.

Oregon Doug
Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 AM

Thanks Doug! Now, if I could just hear back from the ACLB. I've been waiting for quite awhile. They're back up. I'm off the FHA Roster for now but waiting patiently (sort of) to sit for the exam.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

Kim
Old 10-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Professional Status: General Public

Sorry Kimberly, I can't help there anymore.

Doug
Old 10-04-2009, 02:03 PM

Yeah, I know.
I should have gotten things together sooner. I was just busy. I ended up doing a 5 day marathon with McKissock online to get the last of my classes finished. And I'm no whiz at Statistics. I think there's lead stuck in my office walls from throwing my pencil across the room

How is the fishing book going?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:19 AM

Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Question Time to get certified

Old 01-19-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Certified Exam

I took the exam on Jan 16th. A lot of matched pair analysis. Know the sequence of adjustments. (Time, Conditions of Sale, Financing, etc.)
Know how to get percentage of adjustments for land out of total price, depreciation, etc.
It felt like 25% of the exam was matched pair analysis, (what is one bedroom worth based on four comparable sales.)
Use common sense on some things to get answer. Very few questions required a 12C calculator. I didn't take one. I used Appraisal CompuCram. It cost $69. It was well worth it. You can download it on two different computers. Maybe you could share with someone and split the cost.
Seemed like 15% of questions were multi-unit questions having to deal with GRMs, Net Income, etc. The CompuCram was invaluable. MAKE SURE TO KNOW THE SEQUENCE OF ADJUSTMENTS FOR SALES COMPARISON APPROACH. I felt like the was half the exam. Good luck.
I passed btw, first time.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfman View Post
I took the exam on Jan 16th. A lot of matched pair analysis. Know the sequence of adjustments. (Time, Conditions of Sale, Financing, etc.)
Know how to get percentage of adjustments for land out of total price, depreciation, etc.
It felt like 25% of the exam was matched pair analysis, (what is one bedroom worth based on four comparable sales.)
Use common sense on some things to get answer. Very few questions required a 12C calculator. I didn't take one. I used Appraisal CompuCram. It cost $69. It was well worth it. You can download it on two different computers. Maybe you could share with someone and split the cost.
Seemed like 15% of questions were multi-unit questions having to deal with GRMs, Net Income, etc. The CompuCram was invaluable. MAKE SURE TO KNOW THE SEQUENCE OF ADJUSTMENTS FOR SALES COMPARISON APPROACH. I felt like the was half the exam. Good luck.
I passed btw, first time.
Hey Golfman,
Congrats on passing! I was there on the 16th too. Don't you feel great having it done with? I sure do.

Best wishes,
Kim
Old 01-20-2010, 02:06 AM

Thanks. What was the form of the questions? Four or five possible answers? Any with one problem and multiple questions under it? Did the CompuCram form match the State test?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM

One problem with one answer. On my exam no one problem with multiple questions under it. CompuCram matched the State exam. CompuCram says that the questions they use come directly from the state and national exams. When you buy it, you actually tell them which state you are taking the exam for.

Kim, congrats I think? I assume you passed.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread