Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:13 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default ACI work disappearing

What would cause the a whoole page to disappear in ACI? I was typing some extended comments and went I went back to the grid that whole page was blank. I tried to pull up the "backup" but it was missing out of there too.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2009, 10:12 PM

State: New Jersey
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I have had the problem happen a few times in the past. Never was able to identify the cause. Did have a few problems when I ran out of memory. Now I always save frequently as I am completing an appraisal.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 PM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

The best way to back up your reports is to copy and paste the file to another directory folder or hard drive so ACI can't corrupt it. I ways do a copy/paste before spell check, rules check, adding lots of photos or adding pages to the report.

Holding down the backspace on the text area under Comps grid 4,5,6 was always a sure fire way to cause a crash that wuold blank out your page. Not sure if they fixed that. Too afraid to try.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 AM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Wow. I was nosing around here because I am having the same issue with SFREP and was thinking of changing to ACI. But with SFREP, I have discovered what does it so maybe I better stay???
Old 10-28-2009, 07:50 PM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

I lose data when my report "automatically" saves - drives me nuts to type the same thing over and over. Tried to do a save myself to avoid loosing the newly typed paragraph, and lo and behold, gone.

I don't think the issue is as prevalent when you type under a specific heading, i.e., Neighborhood Market Conditions rather than typing straight into the addendum without parceling out the topics? I went into the addendum heading and typed the same paragraph (5th time, I believe) and didn't loose it again. . .
Old 10-29-2009, 06:51 AM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default oposite problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Tiernan View Post
I don't think the issue is as prevalent when you type under a specific heading, i.e., Neighborhood Market Conditions rather than typing straight into the addendum without parceling out the topics? I went into the addendum heading and typed the same paragraph (5th time, I believe) and didn't loose it again. . .
Actually when I am typing under a specific heading is when I lose data. Hit save or suffer through the programmatic save every and poof it's all gone. This is a problem I've been seeing for years now which went away until the changed the addendum editor to allow you to type anywhere.
I wish they would add usable features instead of stuff the programmers find interesting. We need a search and replace and the ability to cut and past whole sections, why do I care about being able to type anywhere in an addendum?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread