Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:35 PM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Recertification for USPAP Instructors

I just finished the online recertification course for USPAP instructors. I was wondering if anyone else had taken it, and if so, what were your thoughts?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM

State: Illinois

I have yet to do it...but, I'll be most interested in learning your impression of it.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 AM

State: Washington

It's available now??

At the Seattle ASB meeting, it was mentioned it would be available on Oct. 1.

Does the course contain a 'test' or is it just an overview of the '10-11 changes?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:40 AM

State: Michigan

Not available for any MAC browser
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Towne View Post
It's available now??
I was a little surprised when I got an email from TAF yesterday saying that it was now available. I was very curious about the program, so last night I sat on the sceened porch and enjoyed a great cigar, a fine class of wine, and the instructor recertification process.

The course contains a review of policies, a review of USPAP changes, and a review of changes to the 7-hour and 15-hour courses. The recert course includes one feature that I think will spark some debate, but I don't want to mention it just yet. I want to see if others have the same observation without me mentioning it.

The whole system is new, so I was not totally surprised that I ran into a couple of technical glitches - nothing major. I have a comment or two that I intend to send to TAF, but overall I think the program should accomplish the goal.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM

State: Mariana Islands
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Same here....was at the TAFAC meeting last week & they said not till Oct 1st.....

Will do it tonight
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I'm slammed with work - I'm going to wait until the weekend.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:51 PM

State: Colorado

i printed out the email instructions but haven't gone on-line yet...got way too many assignments to finish. Hope that isn't an excuse in the next 90 days.

Was really undecided if I was going to renew but then we lost one of our USPAP instructors to FHA last month leaving just me for Colorado Springs so I guess I will do one more cycle. Had 34 in my last 7 hour which was a pleasant surprise.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 AM

State: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiley View Post
I was a little surprised when I got an email from TAF yesterday saying that it was now available. I was very curious about the program, so last night I sat on the sceened porch and enjoyed a great cigar, a fine class of wine, and the instructor recertification process.

The course contains a review of policies, a review of USPAP changes, and a review of changes to the 7-hour and 15-hour courses. The recert course includes one feature that I think will spark some debate, but I don't want to mention it just yet. I want to see if others have the same observation without me mentioning it.

The whole system is new, so I was not totally surprised that I ran into a couple of technical glitches - nothing major. I have a comment or two that I intend to send to TAF, but overall I think the program should accomplish the goal.
Question. Are we expected to finish in 1 sitting or can you stop at a certain point and come back later to finish? Like George and Mike, I simply don't have the time right now to go through the process. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Clark View Post
Question. Are we expected to finish in 1 sitting or can you stop at a certain point and come back later to finish?
You do not have to finish in one session. I did the first module or two at the office and finished it out on my screened deck after I got home.

I think I recall seeing an estimate of four hours to complete the course. I think the time required will depend on how fast one reads, and, more importantly, how closely one has followed ASB activities over the past two years. A person who has followed the Exposure Drafts and Q&As very closely will probably take less time.

Closed Thread