Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:18 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default Declined assignment after inspection, now being placed on Do Not Use List

After appraisal inspection declined assignment from AMC because it was located in a commercial retail convenience district surrounded by gas station, grocery store, etc. Upon accepting assignment there was no way to know this as it is located in a small community and I was not able to obtain zoning until they called me back after the inspection. I declined the assignment based on complexity and not being competent with that sort of property. The AMC has now placed me on a do not use list. This is a violation of the HVCC is it not?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2009, 08:24 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I'm on dozens of AMC's "do not use lists".....mainly for charging too much money (in their eyes) for appraisals.

I don't think HVCC has anything to do with AMC's and the way they run their businesses. They can do as they please, that's the biggest problem with the HVCC and AMCs.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:45 AM

State: New Mexico

There is a specific process for blacklisting an appraiser per the HVCC. I think they must notify you in writing and advise you of the appeal process. If you are still licensed you are not allowed to accept complex assignments with a value over $250,000. If true, you are simply complying with the law. I always thought that was one of the better thngs about being licensed. I could decline nasty assignments by citing this rule. I have walked away from more than one after inspection. HBU is an aspect that few residential appraisers are proficient enough, myself included.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 AM

State: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Fierek View Post
After appraisal inspection declined assignment from AMC because it was located in a commercial retail convenience district surrounded by gas station, grocery store, etc. Upon accepting assignment there was no way to know this as it is located in a small community and I was not able to obtain zoning until they called me back after the inspection. I declined the assignment based on complexity and not being competent with that sort of property. The AMC has now placed me on a do not use list. This is a violation of the HVCC is it not?
Tim you are absolutely right if you do not feel you can produce a Credible report DO NOT DO IT. This is an HVCC violation. Call the AMC's HVCC/Complaint hotline.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:28 AM

State: California

This is like the second or third topic posted in more than one forum just in the last 24 hours.

Where's Kennedy when you need him?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

The AMC has not provided a number or email address to their HVCC/Complaint Hotline. Per the HVCC they are to notify each appraiser in a separate document the number and email address of the hotline and their purpose.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 AM

State: New Mexico
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo Fan View Post
There is a specific process for blacklisting an appraiser per the HVCC. I think they must notify you in writing and advise you of the appeal process. If you are still licensed you are not allowed to accept complex assignments with a value over $250,000. If true, you are simply complying with the law. I always thought that was one of the better thngs about being licensed. I could decline nasty assignments by citing this rule. I have walked away from more than one after inspection. HBU is an aspect that few residential appraisers are proficient enough, myself included.

Appraisers can be REMOVED from a list but they cannot be blacklisted ... a complete reading of the HVCC is in order.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 AM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Ah well....you can't dance with the vipers and not get bit occasionally.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:13 PM

State: Missouri

this sucks.....I have been placed on many AMC black lists over the past couple of years because I am short tempered....eventually I stopped dealing with them, now the other appraiser in my office does most of the AMC work(she is much more mild mannered...HA). It's unfortunate, but when they ask you to do something you don't agree with(and they always do...eventually), they just remove you from the list and move on. What can anyone do? I think in time this problem will take care of itself as there appraiser lists dwindle and they can't find appraiser's to work for them.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM

State: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Sutton View Post
this sucks.....I have been placed on many AMC black lists over the past couple of years because I am short tempered....eventually I stopped dealing with them, now the other appraiser in my office does most of the AMC work(she is much more mild mannered...HA). It's unfortunate, but when they ask you to do something you don't agree with(and they always do...eventually), they just remove you from the list and move on. What can anyone do? I think in time this problem will take care of itself as there appraiser lists dwindle and they can't find appraiser's to work for them.
Yea, dont know about that one. Most people are patient and willing to accept quite a bit of crap before they have an outburst...Im not critizing you, Im a fellow hothead who have ruined many situations professionally and personally by not keeping my mouth shut. Ive learned not to answer my phone usually and to wait at least an hour or so before I respond to emails or messages that have angered me. As long as I can avoid kneejerk reactions I tend to deal ok.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread