Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Appraisal convention in San Diego, ACI news/rumor.

I got third or fourth hand info that there was some sort of appraisal convention in San Diego.

I was told ACI was set up at this convention and they are working on a platform where appraisers would log onto their web site and type reports online. With so many smaller software compaines bought and/or gone and appraisal ordering in a relatively few AMC's hands is this the next negative item to try and be imposed upon appraisers.

Any further info on this? My source is reliable but short on details and the info had passed through multiple people before reaching me.

I realize all of the issues and problems in trying to implement this I'm just wondering if the rumor is true.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSP 49 View Post
I got third or fourth hand info that there was some sort of appraisal convention in San Diego.

I was told ACI was set up at this convention and they are working on a platform where appraisers would log onto their web site and type reports online. With so many smaller software compaines bought and/or gone and appraisal ordering in a relatively few AMC's hands is this the next negative item to try and be imposed upon appraisers.

Any further info on this? My source is reliable but short on details and the info had passed through multiple people before reaching me.

I realize all of the issues and problems in trying to implement this I'm just wondering if the rumor is true.
I can believe it, because insurance inspection management companies are already using online reporting systems.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

It's an option that's coming. I've seen this on BPOs as well
Old 10-16-2009, 03:59 PM

State: Florida

That would be a major productivity killer. I don't wan't any part of it.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 PM

State: New York

How so Tom?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 AM

First time I heard of it was 1989. I am sure the lenders want this to change the information. I have seen them in bpo also. It will make data mining so much easier. We will soon be given a list of the comparables, we will go take the photos, do the sketch , the ywill want to give all the boiler plate and will make $75.00 as photographers and appraising will be gone. The last part was the rest of the rumor in 1989....... are we there yet?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:04 PM

State: New Jersey

I have not heard anything about this "yet", but I do believe that this is something that will be coming soon. My take is a little different though, I believe that either one or maybe a group of AMC's will get together and either buy a company such as ACI, or develop appraisal software programs in-house that will be strictly on-line programs, and in order to recieve work from these AMC's, this software must be used. I wouldn't even rule out the thought of them charging the appraiser a monthly "access" fee to use their system. My guess is that they will try to buy ACI first, or work out a deal with them where they would help with the development costs, have exclusive rights to the software, and ACI would have the exclusive licensing rights. If that happens, or should I say, when that happens, Alamode will be in a tough spot. They will be forced to spend the money to develop their own version, market it to other AMC's, and in the process they would be creating a product that is in direct competition with their other software. If I deal with 3 AMC's and all three have their own in-house software, there's no reason for me to buy from Alamode anymore.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 AM

State: Kansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I don't have INTERNET at home, how's that for a productivity killer.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Woolford View Post
That would be a major productivity killer. I don't wan't any part of it.
Exactly - we don't need anything like this, because every lender could have a different software, like they use on BPOs.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM

State: Pennsylvania

I remember this being discussed at an appraisal seminar back in '94.

Closed Thread