Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > General Appraisal Discussion
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:33 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default Got to love the Wisconsin Realtors Association & the National Association of Realtors

Check this line out from the Madison Paper today.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/

Appraisers lost another one to the WRA and I would assume the NAR had a hand in it as well. Forty and Fifty dollar BPO are the name of the game in this state.

You know what is really interesting is that while this was going on, I was paying my dues to belong to the WRA and NAR and never once did they send me any kind of notice that they were opposed to this bill. I think they discriminated against me by failing to tell me all the news that was going on in the association. If you want MLS data in this state you go to belong to those associations. They cabbage on to your dues and use them against you.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

They think they are championing the cause of those they serve by fighting for control of the appraisal process to ensure it goes their way. You should read about some of the things they do to brokers.

I've disliked Žealtors since the 1960's.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:57 PM

State: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Miller View Post

What do you think?
http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=162534
Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
And http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=162025

Being a fee appraiser is like being unemployed and constantly looking for work.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 PM

Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Miller View Post
Check this line out from the Madison Paper today.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/

Appraisers lost another one to the WRA and I would assume the NAR had a hand in it as well. Forty and Fifty dollar BPO are the name of the game in this state.

You know what is really interesting is that while this was going on, I was paying my dues to belong to the WRA and NAR and never once did they send me any kind of notice that they were opposed to this bill. I think they discriminated against me by failing to tell me all the news that was going on in the association. If you want MLS data in this state you go to belong to those associations. They cabbage on to your dues and use them against you.

What do you think?
I had just sent in my check when I heard about this as well. And some don't understand why I don't pay the RPAC portion of the bill.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM

State: Connecticut
Question

It's a State License Law debate; In our area, an Opinion of Value requires (1) license and a Brokers Price Opinion requires a different (1) - since early on in the game.

They are (2) different fields of expertise; NAR promotes separate "Licensing", what happened in cheese land ??
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay trotta View Post
It's a State License Law debate; In our area, an Opinion of Value requires (1) license and a Brokers Price Opinion requires a different (1) - since early on in the game.

They are (2) different fields of expertise; NAR promotes separate "Licensing", what happened in cheese land ??
In your land do transactions require a lawyer to finalize or can a broker do it?

My understanding is that the land of cheese is one of the areas where one with a broker license can finalize real estate purchases sans a lawyer.

Being a fee appraiser is like being unemployed and constantly looking for work.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 AM

State: California

what happens when one of these "broker" opinion / appraisals ends up being low or high in the eyes of the utilizer...do they hire an abulance chaser attorney to go after them like they are hunting us down? or will the defense attorney justify the quality of the product based on the reduced price / fee of the product?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread