Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Running an Appraisal Business
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM

State: Utah
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Question Auto acceptance software?

We have several AMC clients who send out orders by email but virtually everytime we open the email the order is already "accepted". Is there any software/program that can automatically accept orders? We've looked into auto response software but they appear to be for clients sending out orders/marketing not for appraisers/customers accepting orders. The software would need to be able to idenify clients by name/email address.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Not sure this is the best place to ask that question--get ready for a beatdown!!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

It may not help. I somehow signed myself and my associate up for a broadcast AMC. They send me an order first, then send it to my associate 15 minutes later.

For the record, I've never accepted one of their jobs.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:17 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

The problem is due to playing with AMCs. It's not healthy, for you or our country.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:49 PM

State: California

Don't waste your money. If there really is such a thing that would actually work, keep in mind that any AMC that broadcasts their orders is not somebody you would probably want to work for anyway.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 PM

State: Florida

I agree with Lloyd don't wate your money on this. These companies that broadcast orders are some of the biggest scumbags in the indusrty.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM

State: Pennsylvania

I have a problem with this whole concept. I don't even look at blast orders. I do not accept any order until I have checked the address against MLS/assessment to get an idea of what I am getting into and what fee would be appropriate.

Why would anyone even be interested in just accepting orders on any kind of property for the ridiculous fees that go along with these blast orders????
Old 11-23-2009, 11:33 PM

State: New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearslide View Post
I have a problem with this whole concept. I don't even look at blast orders. I do not accept any order until I have checked the address against MLS/assessment to get an idea of what I am getting into and what fee would be appropriate.

Why would anyone even be interested in just accepting orders on any kind of property for the ridiculous fees that go along with these blast orders????

Thank you!!! Ditto!!

C'mon. The two I can think of off the top of my head....

Semi Sleazy Client A: $175 for exterior only, with at least 3 closed and 3 active. Doesn't matter if it's a 1,000 Sf cookie cutter or 4,000 custom on the golf course. That's the fee. There is no meaningful communication possible with this client. Haji or Samji may never pick up that phone, and it's tomorrow + 3 hours where they live. Auto accept? Not on your life. I filter these very, very carefully and only when I'm flat out of work. The golf course home gets ignored until they have to specifically assign it and then I bargain up the fee or don't take the job.

Super Sleazy, just filed for BK, Former Client B: $125 exterior only, 48 hour turn time requirement. Again, not on your life. Not even manual accept. I still get the blast emails.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:48 PM

State: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by susandenbow View Post
We have several AMC clients who send out orders by email but virtually everytime we open the email the order is already "accepted". Is there any software/program that can automatically accept orders? We've looked into auto response software but they appear to be for clients sending out orders/marketing not for appraisers/customers accepting orders. The software would need to be able to idenify clients by name/email address.
You have a Certified General License. Why are you dealing with these people and the garbage broadcast assignments? The demand for commercial work is increasing and will continue to increase in the future with the many resetting loans.

Most folks here would kill to have your license level. Working for AMCs is unfortunate, but working for AMCs where you have to compete for broadcast assignments is the lowest level of the appraisal world (IMHO).

I sort of, kind of can understand why some would take this kind of assignment (but do not condone or think it is wise) but I have no clue why a CG would ever accept this type of assignment.

Expand and market, the possibilities are endless for you license level in the next few years.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:53 AM

State: Illinois

Well said, TE. Go Hawks!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread