Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Arkansas
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:29 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Arvest Memo

Arvest sent a memo to appraisers taking secondary market assignments that are RD backed....seems they have had to reappraise a number of those where the appraiser was not FHA approved and apparently didn't realize that RD appraisals have to be completed by FHA appraisers....duh.

Would you think it a violation of USPAP or state law to accept an RD assignment without knowing RD requires the use of FHA approved appraisers?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I agree, TS!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I got that same email...too bad Arvest doesn't send me any work! Don't you think that some resonsibilty falls on their shoulders for hiring appraiser's not on the FHA roster in the first place? I think its their fault and that there was no need for the email.....how bout' knowing that the appraiser's you hire are qualified before sending them the request?!! Just my .02.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:45 PM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

RD? Do you mean USDA? The last one I did for them was 22 months ago. Last I heard the property had to pass the standards in 4150.2 but not that you HAD to be an FHA approved appraiser.

And that deal 22 months ago was a fricking joke! A flip that was listed way over value. I appraised it with what few comps there were which resulted in high total adjustments and a lower value. Realtor flipped his wig and got Skippy from the next county over to appraise it, right at the sales price of course. Then I get a lecture from Alan at USDA in Portland about how Skippy's appraisal is superior because he had lower total gross and net adjustments. I ask for the grid pages and sure enough, all superior comps with adjustments well below market to support the bogus value. If they are going to require FHA appraisers, then they should only allow one per deal.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 AM

Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

In june 08 i believe the memo was that Rural Development USDA appraisals had to be performed by FHA approved appraisers. I think it was a local regional rule depending upon which program you are in until then.

Last edited by Terrel L. Shields : 12-11-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread