Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 PM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Error Message E-45 on Kodak V570

My kodak v570 has an "error code E-45, see user guide" coming up when I turn it on. I looked into the Kodak website, but the downloadable user guide does not have error codes in it. They have an error section on the site, but it just wants you to take out the battery and/or the memory card and replace. If that doesn't do it, send it in for them to repair.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this message and if the camera is worth repairing for that error. It is out of warranty, of course!

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 PM

State: Arkansas

Luella's Kodak lasted less than a year. It wasn't worth fixing. Catch a sale on Sony or Nikon cameras
Old 04-11-2010, 10:05 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Not good news.

As I recall - when mine posted that error it turtned out that it was related to the "autofocus" not accomplishing it's task. I checked into sending it in but decided retirement was the best option for the old workhorse, it certainly earned it. There are several ultrawide angle models to choose from now that take better pictures IMHO, my Samsung TL320 takes fantastic pictures but is not as convenient as the old Kodak. You can still find V570's NIB on e-bay occasionally......
Old 04-11-2010, 10:50 PM

State: Delaware

That number error has to do with lens not extending (or retracting).
If it's stuck extended, I've read in several places that a fairly sharp blow
"in" on the lens, trying to close it, might break it loose - lenses get jammed due to dust/dirt/dried-up grease.
OTOH that smack might just plain break it.

Last edited by Riick : 04-12-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:48 AM

State: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dunkle View Post
My kodak v570 has an "error code E-45, see user guide" coming up when I turn it on. I looked into the Kodak website, but the downloadable user guide does not have error codes in it. They have an error section on the site, but it just wants you to take out the battery and/or the memory card and replace. If that doesn't do it, send it in for them to repair.

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this message and if the camera is worth repairing for that error. It is out of warranty, of course!

Thanks, in advance, for any help.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...l?pq-path=8741# E-45 Error Message

Why doesn't the lens retract when I turn off my camera or extend when I turn on my camera?

Question : Why doesn't the lens retract when I turn off my camera or extend when I turn on my camera? Answer : The batteries may be low or exhausted.

NOTE: If the batteries run low on power, your camera may turn off without retracting the lens. In most cases, this is normal and can be corrected by recharging the camera batteries.

In the U.S. and other countries where the Step-by-Step Solutions and Repair tool is available:
  1. Recharge the batteries or install new batteries.

NOTE: Rechargeable batteries can be charged in the following ways depending on the camera:
    • Remove the batteries and place them in an optional battery charger.
    • Place the camera in a printer dock or a camera dock.
    • With the batteries installed, connect the camera to an AC adapter or to a computer using a USB cable.
  2. For more information, go to KODAK Product Manuals, and select the User's Guide for your camera. To see the battery charging accessories that are available for your camera, go to KODAK Accessories.
  3. If the problem persists, go to the Step-by-Step Solutions and Repair tool.
    • Select Digital camera, camera dock, or digital video camera.
    • Select Lens.
In countries where the Step-by-Step Solutions and Repair tool is not available:
  1. Remove the batteries, then wipe the battery contacts with a soft, clean cloth.
  2. Install the batteries, then turn on your camera.
  3. If this does not resolve your problem, remove the batteries.
  4. Go to Choosing the Right Battery for Your KODAK Digital Camera, then follow the instructions to verify that you are using the correct batteries.
  5. Install new or fully charged batteries into your camera.

NOTE: Rechargeable batteries can be charged in the following ways depending on the camera:
    • Remove the batteries and place them in an optional battery charger.
    • Place the camera in a printer dock or a camera dock.
    • With the batteries installed, connect the camera to an AC adapter or a computer using a USB cable.
    • For more information, go to KODAK Product Manuals, then scroll down to select the User's Guide for your camera. To see the battery charging accessories that are available for your camera, go to KODAK Accessories.
  6. Turn on your camera.
  7. If the problem persists, go to Eastman Kodak Company Worldwide Contacts for assistance.
LIVE Help

Chat online with a trained technical support agent. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week**exceptions may apply

Last edited by Mike Kennedy : 04-12-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 AM

State: New York

Oklahoma camera repair
Camera Clinic, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Repairs cameras and photo equipment. Address 3336 East 32nd Street, unit #5, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135, telephone (918) 747-7046

Dasaga Photographic Sales & Service, Oklahoma City, OKSince 1980, Dasaga has maintained high quality of strobe and flash repair for the professional. Factory authorized service for Novatron, Lumedyne, Photogenic, Speedotron, Sunpak, Norman, Quantum battery repair and others. Dasaga also re-cells nicad battery clusters and manufactures and sells their own gel pack designs.
Dunning Photo Equipment Inc., Bixby, Oklahoma
Home of Kreonite processor parts and Kreonite processor service. Source for Hope processor parts and Hope processor service. Rebuilding Kreonite processors since 1975. Extensive inventory of rebuilt commercial photo lab equipment, including RA4 color print processors, black and white print processors, rebuilt dip and dunk processors, roller transport processors and more.
Main Street Camera Repair, Norman, Oklahoma
Camera repair and photographic equipment service. Address 2110 West Main Street, Norman, OK, 73069. Telephone (405) 292-1999
Photo Products Repair, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Photo Products Repair has been repairing cameras and audio-visual equipment since 1942. Address is 3109 N. Classen Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, telephone (405) 521-8022. Photo Products Repair's business name is being exploited by a web speculator.
Tulsa Camera Repair, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Camera repair. No details. Address 5561 East 41st Street, Tulsa, OK 74135, telephone (918) 627-7056.

http://www.acecam.com/camera-repair-6.html#Oklahoma
Old 04-12-2010, 11:25 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

FWIW, the v570 and v705 cameras do not have lenses that extend/retract like typical pocket zoomers. They use lenses with "folded optics"...

The most common point of failure on the v570/v705 which may relate to this is the "sliding" cover over the lens "bay"... it is pretty fragile and doesn't take much of a knock to become stuck. You may want to try turning the device on or off and nudging the cover. If you hear it "click", you may have found your culprit. I have one or two old v570's which have this condition and they otherwise work just fine.

If you can't get it working, I recommend taking a look at my PDF on "appraiser cameras" here: http://appraisersforum.com/showthrea...142348&page=11 Scroll down to find the latest PDF (#105). I have not updated it since December and really need to, but maybe it'll give you a place to start looking. I anticipate updating the PDF before the end of the month.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 PM

State: Arkansas

Good advice Mr. Garrett...we appreciate your help and will remember it when its time to upgrade our sketcher, etc.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Thanks for all the information! Never expected such detail, but appreciate it. Mine does have a problem with the shutter door not opening quite all the way. A very minute ding in the front of the case. Guess I can work with it for a while.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:06 PM

OK! The lens cover was/is the culprit. There was a slight ding in the cover that kept it from opening all the way. However, it damaged the gear that retracted the cover and, even with the cover off or pushed back out to shape, the cover will not retract or cover the lens and the error message comes up ...and no chance to take pix.

Camera stores say it is not economically feasible to repair, but I like the camera for its 23mm lens and taking pix in close places.

I can take the cover off, and would be willing to work with it that way if someone knows of a "workaround" to prevent the error message.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you might be able to render!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread