Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 AM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Mobilesketch

Does anyone know if there is a way to input feet & inches in mobilesketch? The default is decimal feet.. Thanks

Old 09-01-2010, 10:02 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

RNMOVR,

I will look into this for you. The program is so old, I have forgotten if I put this in there way back when. I probably did not since most appraisers use decimal feet tapes, but since it is already in Apex/Medina, I am sure that the "structure" is in there.

In the interim, please let me know what version of MS you are using. Select "About" from the File menu and give me the version and date shown there.

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett View Post
RNMOVR,

I will look into this for you. The program is so old, I have forgotten if I put this in there way back when. I probably did not since most appraisers use decimal feet tapes, but since it is already in Apex/Medina, I am sure that the "structure" is in there.

In the interim, please let me know what version of MS you are using. Select "About" from the File menu and give me the version and date shown there.

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Randall,
I was hoping this would catch your eye. It is version 2.8.180.0 6/30/2006. I know this is an old program. Whats funny is I am on the younger end of appraisers (age not tenure), but I refuse to upgrade from some of the programs I like. I do not like the other mobile programs that have been made available to me. Does Apex have an updated program for handhelds/smart phones (currently running Windows Mobile 6.5 Prof)? I would like to upgrade, but have not been able to find anything for the handheld platform. Thanks for your time and response.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:30 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

RNMOVR,

Thanks for the version info. I am headed out the door on an errand, so please review the information from some of my posts on the thread below:

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=170341

As an update to this info, I am running v2.8.1701.0 - a field trial build dated 08/29/2010... this is the build referred to in that thread. I am running it on Windows CE v5.2.21887 (WinMo v6.5 Pro) at 480 x 800 resolution. I do not imagine this build, when published, will have any NEW substantial features - just mainly items for the DISTO D8, D330i/D3aBT and some "rogue" A6 units we see in other parts of the world. Once it passes field trials, we will publish it on our site but I will also make note of it here. By the time it publishes, it may have a slightly different version number and date, but it will still be a v2.8.x product and so it would be a free update for you... :-)

The upcoming release mentioned above is not the "next version" of MobileSketch. As I mentioned in the referenced thread, we do have another version developed for a different market. IF there were sufficient interest in this new version within the appraisal community here in the US/Canada, it could be tweaked fairly easily.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread