Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Unhappy Apex Medina: File Location Question

Apex Medina: Version 4.3.1927.1____[2-6-2009]

Computer is a Laptop HP DV7-1285dx........Windows 7 Home Premium

The sketch data files appear [can be seen] under data in the Apex Medina\Data folder, when Apex is running, however under Windows Explorer or Powerdesk 8 Professional they do NOT.....instead they can only be seen under C:\Users\Julio\App data\Virtual Store\Program Files\Apex Software\Apex Medina\Data\.....

I transfer files from a Desktop to the Laptop and vice-versa in order to have the data in both places....I have no problem from the desktop [W XP Pro] to the laptop but this "quirk" from the laptop to the desktop is somewhat annoying......

Any thoughts.....

Thank You
Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Mr. Sune,

First off, THANKS for posting your version and compile date - helps me narrow things down... :-)

From your description, I believe what you are seeing is not an Apex issue, per se - just an issue that shows up with any files which get stored in "virtual" folders - typically those that are two or three folders deep off the root. The Apex File|Open and File|Save knows how to bury through the virtual store to see the files but Explorer does not. You should be able to test this yourself by putting a file or two there and using the File|Open dialog...

A way around this issue is to start saving your files in the "My Sketches" folder. This folder should have been created when your version of Apex was installed. Note that as a convenience (for most), Apex allows you to specify default locations for various items - File|Open and File|Save being two of these options. Be sure to Select Tools, Configuration and go to the Defaults tab to set things according to your preferences.

Also note that in the Apex File|Open, File|Save and other appropriate menus, we put a handy icon-shortcut to "My Sketches" on the left side of the dialogs.

Screen shots posted below.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 09-20-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Thumbs up

Many, many thanks....Mr. G..........You made my day!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 PM

No problem, Mr. Sune. Glad to help!

Keep your eyes peeled - we are working on another Apex Medina update scheduled to be out before the end of this year. We' will roll several incremental improvements done to custom or other-market versions into the combined product code base. As a registered v4.x user, the update will, of course be FREE to you... :-) As usual, I plan to throw in a few user requested features in before it ships... ;-)

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 AM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Randall: Does that mean my continued request for a curved staircase will be in the mix?:-)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Mr. Marshall,

Since you are the ONLY one to EVER ask for one, I will endeavor to send you a curved staircase icon. Just kidding - have heard this in the past. I will try to get one in the next release. If I forget (never happened before, riiiight) you might have to write me again. I really DO have one I have in mind for you - might be a bit fancy, bit it should work if I lighten it up a bit. Just been swamped, in and out.

Will try, but feel free to remind me, LOL.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread