Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Gym
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:16 AM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: General Public
Default Suppressing appetite naturally

... I regained about 40 lbs in 5 months .....

.... back to 228 lbs ....... was down to 188 lbs 6 months ago ...

... it comes down to poor eating habits .... probably many other things .... "lack of emotional patience" ........

...but at least in the last year I put down the bottle .......

... no smoking ....

.... but I know my body is quite acidic .....

... and I am 48 and always extremely tired ......

... I want to live again ....

.... How do I become a Bill Wimpleberg .... and eat just fruit and veges .......

.... its my portion sizes (crazy) .....

... I came out of a crazy womb ...... into a crazier world ....

... my life has never been more sane ....

... I want to live ..... and weigh 170 lbs at 6 foot 2

.... how do you turn around a 48 yr old ship .... called appetite?
Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 AM

State: New York
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

have a carrot
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM

State: Massachusetts

I will tell you what has worked for me. Unfortunately, it does not suppress my appetite, but does address what was my biggest issue, evening and late night eating.

I basically cut off all eating after 7pm at night. When I did this, my weight came down fast without any other changes to my diet or workout program. The truth is that I never really eat badly during the day, always at night, watching the TV etc. I make the deal with myself, I can eat ANYTHING I want once 7AM comes around, and strangely I don't want to eat big when i get up.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM

State: Pennsylvania
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Watch this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...for-six-months

That should cut out any cravings for fast food.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 PM

State: Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Rhodes View Post
Watch this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...for-six-months

That should cut out any cravings for fast food.

In September of 1994 my wife and I decided that Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner was the way to go. So I go to the local franchise and lo and behold they have a deal. It included a pie of my choice. I chose apple. We filled up on chicken and fixins and the pie went untouched. The next morning I decided a piece of apple pie with my coffee would be a tasty treat. I removed the pie from the fridge and there on the side of the box was a "Best If Used By" date................ May 30, 2005.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:36 AM

State: Colorado

I would start with going to the doctor for a check up and to examine your blood and organs for any abnormality's due to bad eating or alcohol consumption, if anything is revealed that may scare you to a life change as it did with me.

With me it started with gout, and led to many other tests which resulted in some unfavorable results, but were easily curable. I also go along with Highland's posts about eating after 7pm. But if you really want to make change, the raw food died, lots of water and mild exercises does go a long way. What helped me in the raw food died is the quantity, it helped me feel full and snacked on mixed nuts and other natural snacks afterward.

Yes I do take supplements in the morning, Cellfood, and one Co-q-10 100mg every morning. I read this one book that has influenced my eating habits, but will get back to get the right title. But believe me it does work. Read my thread about raw foods.

I would start off with a 3 day tryout with fruit smoothies (no dairy), and large salads. Another things is to get rid of all the temptation. Give it away or trash it.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM

State: Pennsylvania

You want to lose weight? Start smoking good cigars. Cigarettes have too many chemicals. You get hungry, light up a small Cuban cigar, yummy. Cheaper than a drive through combo.

I remember helping a vegan chef at a vegetarian summerfest out in Johnstown years ago. He had this one station exclusively for raw vegans. These geniuses only ate raw veggies or only cooked to 120+/- degrees. The line to this station looked like a bunch of zombies, pale and skinny, hair all brittle, bad breath. Crack heads looked more attractive that these hippies. Asking for a blender full of raw broccoli. I still have my 'Veal is Murder' t-shirt I bought there. I loves me some veal with peppers, veal meatballs and just plain ol' veal scallopini.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM

State: Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTip View Post
You want to lose weight? Start smoking good cigars. Cigarettes have too many chemicals. You get hungry, light up a small Cuban cigar, yummy. Cheaper than a drive through combo.

I remember helping a vegan chef at a vegetarian summerfest out in Johnstown years ago. He had this one station exclusively for raw vegans. These geniuses only ate raw veggies or only cooked to 120+/- degrees. The line to this station looked like a bunch of zombies, pale and skinny, hair all brittle, bad breath. Crack heads looked more attractive that these hippies. Asking for a blender full of raw broccoli. I still have my 'Veal is Murder' t-shirt I bought there. I loves me some veal with peppers, veal meatballs and just plain ol' veal scallopini.
That is not always true about vegans, There are many that have a vibrant and healthy stature about them. As you posted, they looked like hippies and they may have a different lifestyle that we can only presume. Lack of exercise may be one of them.

Then again you are in Pennsylvania, aren't most folks pasty looking in that part of the country?
Old 10-14-2010, 07:36 AM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: General Public

I,m guessing JTIP is a bit younger .......

but he is funny ......

... the raw thing .... OK .......

.... I can try that
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 AM

State: Florida

There's also a great book -- well worth the read, IMO -- Hypothyroidism, The Epidemic by Mark Starr, M.D.

Eye opening.

Closed Thread