Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default tech support

Why do I wait on hold for so long for tech support?

Every time I have found it necessary to call tech support within the past year, I have been on hold for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The other day, a colleague called in on my other line. I told her that I could not talk to her since I am waiting on hold on the other line for ACI. After my problem was solved, I telephoned her back. She mentioned that I must have really had a big problem since it took me so long to get back to her. I explained that every time I call tech support, the wait time is NEVER less than 40 minutes, no matter what time of day, morning or evening I call. She uses Alamode, and said she has never waited on hold for their tech support for more than 5 minutes.

Although everyone at ACI is really accommodating, this is an area that they really need to improve on.

Instead of waiting on hold, I tried emailing the support staff that helped me before, thinking this may expedite things. But alas, they don't answer my emails. Not even the day after, or two days after. Just no answer.

Right now I have been on hold 41 minutes waiting for what will likely be a 2 minute fix conversation. While I wait, I look through their on-line manual for the answer to my questions, however I don't always find the solution. Now it's 44 minutes I've been on hold. Frustrated!
Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 AM

State: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygirl 152 View Post
Why do I wait on hold for so long for tech support?

Every time I have found it necessary to call tech support within the past year, I have been on hold for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The other day, a colleague called in on my other line. I told her that I could not talk to her since I am waiting on hold on the other line for ACI. After my problem was solved, I telephoned her back. She mentioned that I must have really had a big problem since it took me so long to get back to her. I explained that every time I call tech support, the wait time is NEVER less than 40 minutes, no matter what time of day, morning or evening I call. She uses Alamode, and said she has never waited on hold for their tech support for more than 5 minutes.

Although everyone at ACI is really accommodating, this is an area that they really need to improve on.

Instead of waiting on hold, I tried emailing the support staff that helped me before, thinking this may expedite things. But alas, they don't answer my emails. Not even the day after, or two days after. Just no answer.

Right now I have been on hold 41 minutes waiting for what will likely be a 2 minute fix conversation. While I wait, I look through their on-line manual for the answer to my questions, however I don't always find the solution. Now it's 44 minutes I've been on hold. Frustrated!
I did hear of a phone app that will allow you to call a number and wind your way through to the waiting point. Once there you push a button on your phone that will keep the line open. When the tech finally gets to your call he is told to push #1. When they do your phone rings. Unfortunately, that's all I know about it.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM

State: Minnesota

Leave a message. Honestly, I think they get to you faster.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 PM

State: Arizona

I've never waited more than 4 minutes for Wintotal either...I HATE ACI
Old 12-26-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ1234 View Post
Leave a message. Honestly, I think they get to you faster.
I left them a message 2 weeks ago and they did not call back until i called again and told them i had been waiting for 2 weeks.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:52 AM

When you think of how much money companies spend on customer service...all those "pep rallies" they give to their staff...then they understaff,underpay, under educate and finally outsource...
Old 12-27-2010, 12:08 PM

State: New York

$400. a year to wait 30 minutes a call for a 2 minute fix is a rip off.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM

State: Massachusetts

Check out Despair.com http://www.despair.com/cudi.html -and look for the following Posters. These must be hanging at ACI World Headqaurters.
Customer Disservice
Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.
Customer Care
If we really cared for the customer we'd send them somewhere better

Closed Thread