Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Gym
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 03:12 PM

State: Wisconsin
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default Speeding up the process of weight loss

How can you speed up the process of weight loss?

In the past 8 months I have lost 35 lbs of pure deluxe high quality fat. I have another 110 lbs of pure deluxe high quality fat to go.

The problem now is I most get rid of about 90 more lbs by the end of January and have a total of 110 to 120 gone by April.

I have started increasing my hiking from 30/45 minutes a day to 1 hour or more over hill and dale on the public/DNR land next to us (about 3000 ac). I went over to the Wellness Center on the HO-Chunk Nation and pick up my card so I can get in at 0500 hrs at least five days a week today. Planning on working upper body one day, lower body the next day on the circuit, swimming three or four days a week, might get a bit of cardio work out every other day as well. In addition doing my free weights routine that I did eight years ago.

Saturday a hiking day only -- No work outs, Sunday short hike and no work outs. Not working on Saturday or Sunday any longer on Auctions or Appraisals. Still will feed stock and groom horses. Work around place after church.

Wife going to count carbs and calories as per doc. No more sweets, breads.

Any suggestion as to eats and work out routines.

My daily routine will be:

4:30 a.m. head for Wellness Center

6:30 a.m. head home

7:00 a.m. Feed stock and groom ole Son and Gunner

8:00 Office

3:30 p.m head out for hike

5:00 p.m. back to office to close out the day

6:30 p. m. dinner

7:15 p.m. call family or friends

8:00 p.m. bed

9:00 p.m. sleep
Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2010, 04:06 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Ray-I believe that by greatly reducing the carbs plus your workout that you should see some significant results. I ran into an appraiser that worked for me about 10 years ago and I didn't recognize her because of the weight loss. She did it by eliminating the carbs. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

That means no booze, right?

Old 10-20-2010, 04:15 PM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Retired Appraiser

Ray,

Losing 90 pounds in the next 3 months is too much in my opinion. That is a pound a day! I think it would make you sick to lose that much in that time period.

You say you "must" get rid of 90 pounds by January. Why? Just keep on the sensible pace you have been on or increase it a little but 1 pound a day over 3 months is too much.

Losing weight very fast, in addition to being unhealthy, also will increase the likely hood of putting it back on in the future.

I don't know your age, but that is a really rigorous workout routine for most people. You can get burned out on exercise if you overdo it and think you "must" do it instead of looking forward to "enjoying" doing it.

Just my opinion.
AppraiserSites.com - Appraiser Web Hosting - Get your Website
AppraisersForum.com Laser Store - Laser Measuring Tools

Need Forum Help? Send me a PM!
Don't tell me you don't have time for something you want to do, you have 24 hours a day just like everyone else!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:15 PM

State: Nevada

Ray.
What is the January time frame about? What happens then?
If that is too personal of a question please say so.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 PM

State: Virginia
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Way too much weight to loose in such a short amount of time. VERY unhealthy and unrealistic goal. Talk to you doctor. Also - at the fitness center get a personal trainer. I have lost 27 pounds since February. 3 to 4 sessions per week (1/2 hour) at the gym at work and WATCHING what I eat. Joined an abs class and the rest are strength training - LOTS of Planks!!! Down two pants sizes!!! Gave up the cokes and the late night cookies. Take it slow and steady.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:27 PM

State: Pennsylvania

too much too soon can lead to a myriad of physical ailments. Be patient and keep doing what you're doing--it appears to be working. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:28 PM

State: Massachusetts

I put on 40 lbs a couple of months ago, and lost it in the last 40 days. It's called not eating Ray.

Lose weight:

Eat less calories than you burn on a daily basis.

It's proven!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:36 PM

State: California

The only way I know of to lose that much that fast is by getting really, really sick. Other than that, go alkaline (check out "The Ph Miracle") and get a few colonics. Most people die with about 30 lbs of fecal matter stuck in their colon, it will flush that out. Then you have to eat healthy to keep your system from producing more and not flushing it out.

The great point about going alkaline - you have a ton more energy, it increases your heart health, AND you lose weight.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:58 PM

State: New York

From what I've read in from my health-nut days, about 3.5 pounds per week (0.5 pound per day) is about the most that can be lost and remain truly healthy. More might be possible is you want to take the course of the "Biggest Loser" crowd, but that means working out like a maniac during the time you are losing weight. If you take that course, I recommend getting professional supervision, especially if you are on any medication.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread