Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default APEX error "Apexvip" "error saving log file"

When I finish a sketch and close Apex I get a "Apexvip" dialog box to click, that says "error saving log file". So I click OK and the sketch goes in my report, but I assume I have no back up now? This started all of a sudden and NO ONE wants to help me. Apex said it was an Alamode problem and Alamode said it was an Apex problem and that I should just use Davinci. I am basicly left out in the cold. I may just learn how to use Davinci but hate feeling forced to do so.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 PM

State: Virginia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I always export my sketch file to a document folder before closing out Apex. I was getting "integration errors" when I started using another version of windows. Exporting the sketch file eliminated the loss of sketches. I tried Davinci and just couldn't make the transition.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Hi NOG,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but glad you seem to be able to still keep working. I am not sure what you mean about not having a backup, but I will ask around and see if I can get to the bottom of things. If it is an Apex error, I will see what can be done. If it is an ALM problem, I will still try to help. I'm not into pointing fingers - all I care about is that you are able to keep producing reports. I'm not in sales nor tech, but I'm not a NO ONE, either ;-) and maybe I can help. If you want to PM me here and give me contact info, I can ask a senior person to follow up after I get some info on the problem and know better who can best handle this.

BTW, I need some basic info to start - your version numbers (ALM and Apex), your OS and version, etc. In Apex, go to the Help menu, select "About" and give me the version number and date shown there, please.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 AM

State: Louisiana
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett View Post
Hi NOG,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but glad you seem to be able to still keep working. I am not sure what you mean about not having a backup, but I will ask around and see if I can get to the bottom of things. If it is an Apex error, I will see what can be done. If it is an ALM problem, I will still try to help. I'm not into pointing fingers - all I care about is that you are able to keep producing reports. I'm not in sales nor tech, but I'm not a NO ONE, either ;-) and maybe I can help. If you want to PM me here and give me contact info, I can ask a senior person to follow up after I get some info on the problem and know better who can best handle this.

BTW, I need some basic info to start - your version numbers (ALM and Apex), your OS and version, etc. In Apex, go to the Help menu, select "About" and give me the version number and date shown there, please.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

I am going out of town for the holiday but the basics are that I am on Vista 6.0 SP2, WinTotal Aurora ver. 5.00, and Apex IV is ver. 3.2.1367.1 dated 01/27/2006. I tried to click the "sys info" while viewing the Apex version dialog box and it said:

"Class name: Exception"
"Message: Can't load USER.EXE!"

Maybe that is a clue.

Thanks again for the support!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 AM

Thanks NOG,

Your version of Apex is many years old and I suspect the custom version we did for ALM - it was distributed solely by them... I cannot explain why it would work one day but not the next, especially since none of the Apex stuff has evidently changed in 6 years or so... Perhaps an ALM update did something? Did you recently get a WinTOTAL update?

I will check with some of the tech guys here, but I do not think USER.EXE is Apex stuff. Perhaps it is an ALM exe that validates you as a current user or something? I do not know - just speculating.

In any case, I have alerted the head of our Customer Service here, Mr, Brian Woolard, and he has let me know that he is standing by to try and help, but he needs to get in contact with you, so please send me a PM here with a means of contact and I will get him to respond to you. Alternately, you can call him at our number and set up a time that works best for you both.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Old 11-24-2010, 10:08 AM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: General Public

NOG,

I apologize for the ping-ponging you've gotten on this issue. The VIP stuff is definately our issue to support, so we're the best folks to handle it. I've sent you a PM asking for your customer information so that we can find you in our system and initiate a new tech call with you so we can get it resolved.

Thank You,

Paul Stansberry

Product Manager
Real Estate Solutions Division
a la mode, inc.

E. paul@alamode.com
Old 11-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Paul,

Let me know if I can do anything from our end to help. My guys just LOVE me promising more work for them, LOL, but I think I can cut through the red tape on our end if a code change will help. Like you, I just want what is best for the end users.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread