Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Gym
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 PM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default who needs a trainer?

I am looking at several downloads available to use at the gym. These can be downloaded to your phone, many have 20 or more routines, what part of the body they work, and how to do them. Found them in a new mag called experience life while waiting for dad to be released from ICCU.

Google or Bing them. No excuses now folks. Most downloads are cheap maybe 3.99 per.

Trainers can be good assistants for form /technique but if you are working out with friends you will push your self quite enough and have your own personal spotter. I understand those who need a bump from trainers, however personally just having my pants fit better keeps me motivated.

Well that, and leaving the ICCU with my 80 year old Dad flirting with the nurses.

Life is good to me so far.

john
Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by john snyder View Post
I am looking at several downloads available to use at the gym. These can be downloaded to your phone, many have 20 or more routines, what part of the body they work, and how to do them. Found them in a new mag called experience life while waiting for dad to be released from ICCU.

Google or Bing them. No excuses now folks. Most downloads are cheap maybe 3.99 per.

Trainers can be good assistants for form /technique but if you are working out with friends you will push your self quite enough and have your own personal spotter. I understand those who need a bump from trainers, however personally just having my pants fit better keeps me motivated.

Well that, and leaving the ICCU with my 80 year old Dad flirting with the nurses.

Life is good to me so far.

john
Who needs a routine downloaded?

Just do 40 minutes of pullups, dips, squats and deadlifts.

We always overcomplicate things. Those are your Golden 4. Works every muscle in your body along with cardio if your rests are kept to 1 minute or so.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:59 AM

State: Michigan
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

DTB,

Agree with the four-plus use a cable pulley exercise where use is of both pulleys simutaneously - both cables about waist high, face towards one pulley pull one staight back while extending other arm arm straight forward with other pulley. Works core, arms, shoulders, reverse standing direction do again. I use about 50# on each pulley.

3 sets of 15 with 60 second rest between can usually leave you sucking for air and is excellent core workout. Found that in Mens Health mag.

I can get bored with same routine and it helps lose weight by changing types of routines, sets, repetitions, interval training and whats best - free weights vs cables.

I am lookiing for phone program with plug in attachment to check bp and heart rate as well. Have you seen any of those? Sometimes the treadmills and elliptical machines are not accurate.

john
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by john snyder View Post

I am lookiing for phone program with plug in attachment to check bp and heart rate as well. Have you seen any of those? Sometimes the treadmills and elliptical machines are not accurate.

john
I have not seen nor looked for any of that, I'm pretty low tech. My old barometer used to be if I was dry heaving, I've reached a plateau. Now I'm less intense- 51 years old.

Good luck with the training, there are some good "older guy" ideas here:

http://www.ironage.us/
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread