Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Commercial/Industrial Appraisals
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Commercial AMC Recommendations?

My regulars sources (estate planners, attorneys) have all but dried up as business has been slow. I am considering seeking commercial / industrial work from AMC's. I am based in Southern California.

Can anyone recommend C/I AMC's with which they have had a good experience including timely payment, fair fees and turn time? Your input is greatly appreciated. I did several searches but have not found the information in the forum.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by appraisalsfaster View Post
My regulars sources (estate planners, attorneys) have all but dried up as business has been slow. I am considering seeking commercial / industrial work from AMC's. I am based in Southern California.

Can anyone recommend C/I AMC's with which they have had a good experience including timely payment, fair fees and turn time? Your input is greatly appreciated. I did several searches but have not found the information in the forum.
Are you kidding me? Wait... let me ask that one more time. Are you kidding me?

In case you've been living under a rock, AMCs dominate the residential market. They barely scratch the surface of the commercial market. I'm assuming that you're looking to get a heavy load of bank lending work... so, if I were you, I'd do yourself (and more importantly, your chosen profession) a HUGE favor and market yourself directly to the banks and leave the AMCs the h3ll out of it.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:07 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by appraisalsfaster View Post

Most major commercial appraisal firms also provide commercial appraisal management services. CBRE, C&W, PGP, RERC, Altus all include appraisal management. Many regional firms including Crosson Dannis, Haginas and Allstate Appraisal also do commercial appraisal management.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 PM

Ed I appreciate your input ....I assume you don't do commercial work?

The last 4 years I never needed to pursue work from banks, so the best way to market myself directly to a commercial lender is not my specialty.

Any advice confirming the best method to secure additional commercial work (direct lender marketing, C/I AMC or other method), would be appreciated. Hopefully there is a success story or two out there. Otherwise I may end up working for someone else.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL1957 View Post
Most major commercial appraisal firms also provide commercial appraisal management services. CBRE, C&W, PGP, RERC, Altus all include appraisal management. Many regional firms including Crosson Dannis, Haginas and Allstate Appraisal also do commercial appraisal management.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:35 PM

State: New Mexico

Estate planning is about to get another shot in the arm with the pending tax regulations. Some of your estate planning attornies may soon be back as clients ...
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 AM

In SoCal there is PCV/Murcor. I don't know how active they are now that their biggest commercial client, Imperial Capital Bank, was closed by the FDIC.

The FDIC is using Allstate Appraisal and PGP Valuation to manage their commercial appraisal ordering. I did one appraisal for Allstate; they seemed OK. The fee is whatever the winning bid is; there is no standard fee for a commercial report.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM

State: New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon Martin View Post
In SoCal there is PCV/Murcor. I don't know how active they are now that their biggest commercial client, Imperial Capital Bank, was closed by the FDIC.

The FDIC is using Allstate Appraisal and PGP Valuation to manage their commercial appraisal ordering. I did one appraisal for Allstate; they seemed OK. The fee is whatever the winning bid is; there is no standard fee for a commercial report.
We're just finishing up a job for the FDIC (through PGP and C&W is also somehow involved) the fee was definitely on the low end, the turn time was a little low, and the engagement letter was about 12 pages. Frankly most of the requirments were pretty standard things we do already but they were very specific, i.e. broker interviews had to include their contact information, at least 3 listings had to be used in the sales comparison approach, etc.

Most of our work is for lenders and it's my understanding that you just contact them directly to get on their list at whcih point you can begin bidding work. There doesn't seem to be much need for an AMC in the process.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread