Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > FHA/HUD and VA
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM

State: Minnesota
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Question ADP code in FHA case #

Do you add the 3 digit ADP code to the end of your FHA case number on your reports?

I just got stipped to do this. I've always just put down the first 10 digets and never had a problem.

ie FHA case #277-1234567

Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM

State: California

I never have. I do have one client that usually sends a case number with the dash and extra three digits, but I have never put that full number into a report.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 PM

I just got off the horn with FHA and they said that it is NOT required....HOWEVER, if that client wants you to put it on, it might not be a bad idea if you want to continue to work with them.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 PM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I put down whatever is shown on their request. I have 5 FHA's now, and all only give me the first 10 numbers.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM

State: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by residentialguy View Post
Do you add the 3 digit ADP code to the end of your FHA case number on your reports?

I just got stipped to do this. I've always just put down the first 10 digets and never had a problem.

ie FHA case #277-1234567
TROUBLEMAKER Just sit down, shut up and do as you are told!!

Member NAIFA
Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Meyer View Post
TROUBLEMAKER Just sit down, shut up and do as you are told!!

ROTFLMAO - That's about it.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM

BTW, here's the outcome of how this ended.

I wrote to them and said:

I contacted FHA about this and they confirmed that adding the ADP code is not required by FHA. When the case number is ordered, the ADP code is not attached to the case number. It has nothing to do with the way you proces your report or how it is submitted. ADP codes are strictly for insuring purposes and is required to be entered in the paper work for insuring documents only. The appraisal is not to be used for insurance purposes. The ADP code added to the report actually makes it more confusing for FHA.

Please contact me so that we can clear this matter.

LENDER'S RESPONSE:
After review, it was determined that the ADP codes are not necessary to be added to the FHA case number. Please disregard request to add the ADP codes. Thank you

Old 04-07-2011, 07:45 PM

State: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by residentialguy View Post
BTW, here's the outcome of how this ended.

I wrote to them and said:

I contacted FHA about this and they confirmed that adding the ADP code is not required by FHA. When the case number is ordered, the ADP code is not attached to the case number. It has nothing to do with the way you proces your report or how it is submitted. ADP codes are strictly for insuring purposes and is required to be entered in the paper work for insuring documents only. The appraisal is not to be used for insurance purposes. The ADP code added to the report actually makes it more confusing for FHA.

Please contact me so that we can clear this matter.

LENDER'S RESPONSE:
After review, it was determined that the ADP codes are not necessary to be added to the FHA case number. Please disregard request to add the ADP codes. Thank you
I have this one really good-paying client, and I've done maybe 100 FHA appraisals for them in the past two years. Never have I put the 3 digit ADP code in the report, even though they sometimes include the extra three digits in the case number they send me.

All of a sudden today they want me to add the "-734" number to a case #. So I asked if they were sure about that, because no other client has ever asked for that, and they said it's now a HUD requirement?? (I have other FHA orders in process from two other clients, but no ADP number.)

After what you found out from HUD, I'm sure they are mistaken.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread