Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Appraisal Education
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 AM

State: Florida
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default UAD and UCDP Information

I have not seen this yet, so if it is a repeat, flog me...

FHLMC has a wealth of recent information on the UAD and ACDP. It can be seen on their website at:

http://www.freddiemac.com/sell/secmk...sal.html?tab=0

There is a tab for "Business Resources" and "Appraiser Resources". Both have abundant RECENT information, even webinars, and there is even a live webinar, for FREE, which is booked through mid April:

http://www.freddiemac.com/ontrack/ht...rsNum=UAD_UCDP

There is a NEW presentation called "UAD Tutorial" and a NEW "UAD Interactive Resource Manual".

Additionally, there are a bunch of links to updated UAD technical resources.

FNMA appears to have the same stuff on their site...

It is coming soon!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Ii took a webinar today from Rich Heyn and his associate, Dawn on the UAD and UCDP. It only cost $30 and it was excellent. They will be offering a course two, as well as three and refine the exact requirements and assist you in understanding the meaning of the required dialog - today was more of an overview with some direct information. I would highly recommend the 2nd course to everyone. It is live, so there is a question and answer period and they stayed on the web afterwards to answer any more.

They pointed out that there is the free tutorials given by Freddie and Fannie and be careful what you sign up for as some of the offered tutorials may simply be the "official" ones that are free with a filler from an education company. It is eligible for CE in many states - however unfortunately not Florida, as yet, as they have not approved any live webinars. I'll be working on that and hope the rest of you Florida appraisers will, too. I hate the online courses that they have approved because they give no opportunity for questions and dialog like this webinar did. Anyway, he is advertising here on the forum and I would recommend checking it out. And be SCARED - very, very SCARED!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM

I took Rich and Dawns' webinar as well and is EXCELLENT. I was not trying to suggest that anything on the FNMA or FHLMC site was superior, or even a substitute. It is just more good information.

FWIW, in my original post I stated that I signed up for the free FHLMC Webinar. Apparently it is only for FNMA/FHLMC related mortgage professionals, and as an appraiser, I was declined "admission" later in the day, by email. Imagine that, they have a pertinent free webinar, but they are declining appraisers access???

Anyway, I am looking forward to sessions 2 and 3 with Rich and Dawn, and I will hope to have covered all of the information on the FHLMC site, so I can have any questions answered during their webinars coming up.

"See" you there! (as I think Rich says!)
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 AM

Don't you wish we could get Florida to recognize the courses for CE? I don't even know where to start - perhaps with Frank Gregoire?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 PM

It would be nice, but Florida is a little slow to adopt, as I understand. Frankly, 2 or 3 hours won't make a big difference to me in hours, as I usually end up with at least double the required hours. I guess I am just a glutton for punishment (but a well educated one!). Fortunately, the Appraisal Institute accepts the hours.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:02 PM

I just went through the fannie / freddie presentation, and downloaded and studied the attachments. I can see this easily adding another 30-60 min. to every report. Looks like our hourly pay is going down, again.

Closed Thread