Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Illinois
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:15 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default AMCs resisting being ID's as CLIENT

Are you (IL licensed appraiser) facing coercion or resistance from an AMC regarding the AMC being identified as the CLIENT in your appraisals?

If yes, do you have something in written form from the AMC specific to this matter?

Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 PM

RELS and PCV Murcor have so far been the only ones that have not sent me a letter and have resisted my attempts to get one. Historically, RELS seems to be most resistant to anything. LSI, Streetlinks and most of the smaller AMCs I deal with are on board.

I have noticed this week that a lot of them are inserting broad language into their order sheets that attempts to define themseleves as an authorized agent. I guess that is fine. I have still tried to get a letter from them. None of them to date has started to send the letter each time with the order.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 PM

Thanks, Tony.

I want to focus here on any AMC that is not accepting an appraisal that has the AMC identified as the client.

Anyone?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:35 AM

We have found that resistence will usually evaporate pretty rapidly if Brian Weaver himself has a word or two with the reluctant AMC. Some years ago, when we still had to identify the cleint by personal name, he provided a form letter explaining this requirement for appraisers to send to AMCs, and that, too, always did the trick. At least with the smaller AMCs.

I suspect, however, that some of the biggest, heavy duty clout-loaded, arrogant AMCs believe that they're above the law in general, especially since compliance it's the appraiser's problem in the first place.

More curious to me, Lee, is how we've seen several AMCs send out announcements to advise Illinois appraisers of the changes. Certainly that in itself is not objectionable. Far from it. But again, the need to do so suggests that there are plenty of IL appraisers who don't have a clue about what's going on, though that seems impossible, especially with the availability of the IL Appraiser Newsletter.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:18 PM

If the State board sent a directive to the AMCs,perhaps this issue would be moot,for they might feel compelled to submit the information with an authoritative entity requesting the information as opposed to a rank and file appraiser.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread