Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Re-establishing link to CF's

Every so often, Clickforms will lose the link to Apex with a particular sketch. I'll exit Medina and will get an error message saying that the sketch did not transfer. That'll sometimes result in the sketch not even being saved.

I've gotten to the point of making intermediate 'saves' in Medina when working on complicated sketches. Even that will not work sometimes and it seems that nothing is really happening when I press F2.

So I now will export the sketch file to my desktop and that allows me to recover that file whenever I need it. However, the link to CFs gets broken when I import that sketch into my file. How can I re-establish the link between an imported sketch and CFs?
Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2011, 06:27 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Pat,

What is your version number & publication date of Apex? (Help|About)
I don't know of any reason why integration should fail but I will ask our QA to get with BT and see if they know anything...
[F2] should not give any indication as is normal with an existing file (integration usually "names" a file) but if you cannot find it, check your configuration setting to make sthat youtyou are looking in the path shown for data saves... Integration may interrupt this, depending on how BT did things. The shortcut for Save as should follow that path, too.

When all else fails, resetting the XML config file often "cures" a confused set-up...

Short of you calling in and dealing with a real tech, that is all I can think of off the top of my head...

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 04-23-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 04-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Hi Randall- my version is V4 4.3.1927.1 dated 2/6/09.

The problem only happens occasionally, but the biggest frustration is not being able to manually save the sketch. I'll hit F2 or choose Save from the menu. Then, if a problem occurs when exiting Median for CF's, the saved sketch is nowhere to be found.

Alternatively, I can can export a sketch to my desktop to make sure that it won't get erased, but have been unable to establish the link to CF's when I import that sketch.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Hi Pat,

I believe that is the most recent v4 for fee appraisers - later versions were either Assessor versions or ones done for different markets...

It sounds like an integration issue. I will have QA get in touch with BT to see about any known issues, etc. Most integrators disable some of the File menu items, but I will see if we can find out what BT is doing when Save is initiated - i.e. where they are writing the file, etc.

-Randall Garrett-
*Apex Software*

/end/
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks Randall. I appreciate any info you can get from them. I thought that perhaps the integration changed some of the menu items in the "File" menu because I didn't see a "Save As" that would have allowed me to specify a particular file location.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 PM

Pat,

Some of the Integration Partners do, indeed, disable "Save as..." from the File menu. While I lament that removal, I understand their reasons. So, I put in a File|Export > File as a "back door" for those who want to do this anyway ... ;-). It has been a while since I looked at it, but I remember it was subtly different so as not to mess up properly coded integration calls. I believe it is hooked up to either [F12] or [Ctrl] [F12] ... It should follow the drive/path in the Config dialog for non-integrated File|Save but I will take a look and confirm when I look under the covers again. We are in a mad dash to get v5.1 out before I leave on a long overseas trip, but I will try to get to this before that date. I understand (and agree with) the desire to make incremental and separate saves if the user desires to do so. I just have to make sure it does nit interfere with some long-standing (or new) integration protocols, etc.

BTW, I finally got around to making a change in Apex that is close to something you have been wanting for a while - better zooming. It still involves a re-scale under the covers, due to an old design limitation, but it is much smoother now and functions more like a proper Zoom than the old pure re-scale. Things also zoom in around the current mouse cursor location rather than from the lower left corner, so it just works better in day-to-day use. Added separate Vew and Print scales and am adding different form (page) sizes. Hope to get a landscape option in before v5.1 is code complete this week. If so, the plan is to make it available in May. Most of the v5.1 stuff was done to bring it up to spec for Metric users, but doing so meant we had to go back in, deep to some core stuff, to make it work properly. One in that deep, we took the opportunity to revisit scale and see what could be done to make it work like a true Zoom function. Of course, Imperial users get these improvements, too, since it is a core item. Seems to work well :-). Next up, is some custom work, some of which will bring some more improvements to regular users, Symbols re-vamp, and adding in a sync to our iPad and Android sketchers.

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
*Apex Software*

/end/
Old 04-25-2011, 06:04 PM

I found a way around it. I had to blow away the existing sketch page in CF's, then simply put a blank sketch page back in. I then double clicked on the sketch page to take me into Apex where I imported the sketch I had previously exported. Once imported, I then exited Apex and the integration worked perfectly.

The secret is to blow away the existing sketch page once the integration gets lost.

A proper zoom would be great!
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread