Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default iPad Apps for Appraisers

Lets see those iPad apps.

Other than Davinci, here are a few apps I have found valuable:

Sign-N-Send: Allows you to take a PDF and write/sign all over it. I used it for the first time today. Client signed the electronic engagement letter on site.

Drop Box: File storage that is accessible from anywhere. Sign-N-Send also links to this.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

In addition to those you mentioned, I like using iBooks to store PDF references such as local zoning maps, USPAP, and others are in my Appraisal collection. I use the Google Voice app to call from any phone using my business number.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 PM

State: Florida

My biggest complaint about the iPad is the lack of Adobe Flash that often hangs me until I get back to the office. I have to use a remote-in program to my desk top to access my local MLS. Had I known that, I probably would have just upgraded my lap top, but I got hooked on Words with Friends and Angry Birds which turned out to be expensive games.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM

State: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce Potts View Post
My biggest complaint about the iPad is the lack of Adobe Flash that often hangs me until I get back to the office. I have to use a remote-in program to my desk top to access my local MLS. Had I known that, I probably would have just upgraded my lap top, but I got hooked on Words with Friends and Angry Birds which turned out to be expensive games.
I view that as a flaw in the MLS rather than the iPad. Many MLS systems not only require flash, but also a specific version of Internet Explorer. It's just plain ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Joyce...got to love those Angry Birds...lol lol lol
Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 AM

State: Arizona

All good suggestions. Evernote is free and is similar to the DropBox. You can use both depending on what you are using them for.

We have a paperless office and use OneNote for our workfiles. The iPad has an app called MobilNoter. It allows us to sync One Note, view and add. Perfect.

Another app is FormConnect. This allows you to make forms. We have on for our inspections. Very cool for the walk through.

There are several apps for drawing. Penultimate works well. You need a DAGI stylus if you plan on writing or drawing. The standard stylus is too large (makes it look like you are using a crayon).

There are tons of apps that make it easier to work in the field and all in one place. The HP12C is an app and works awesome and only a couple of dollars vs $90 in the store. As already mentioned we have all of our pdfs (USPAP, 4150.2, Valuation, Appraisal Today, etc) in iBooks for reference.

I used Davinci on a tablet and was impressed (like most WinTotal stuff) with the interface and features. Not so much with the functionality. Bells and whistles but no sound? As a result we switched back to ACI. I understand ACI is working on an iPad and Android app for data collection. Would be nice to have something appraiser specific.

The fact is that we can use the iPad to view and work with our workfiles. Reference materials like the 4150.2. Use email, calendar, etc. There is a Google VM app that will play your google voicemails and let you call from it. Maintain important docs like licenses, e&O, W-9, resumes and access them to send in an email when needed. Use of LogMeIn to access our desktop, make a correction to a report and send it. Collect data. Do all the other cool things that these apps allow you to do.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread