Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Illinois
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:14 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
Default May Newsletter is up

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/re/ILLAppr/...serMay2011.pdf
Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Weaver View Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM

State: Washington

$25,000 fine plus revocation for failing to respond to the department? (Horton, page 9)

You guys are tough!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proactive View Post
$25,000 fine plus revocation for failing to respond to the department? (Horton, page 9)

You guys are tough!
There's always a little more to it...but...the Board is sick and tired of the "if I don't respond...I win" crapola.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Weaver View Post
There's always a little more to it...but...the Board is sick and tired of the "if I don't respond...I win" crapola.
When did these violations occur? It would be interesting to know the time period of the violation.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:26 PM

Thanks for adressing the issue of "Geographic Competency." My most recent version of USPAP also omitted the mileage chart. Ironically, I received an e-mail from a well regarded local AMC requesting the following be included in future reports:

A new lender requirement has been brought to our attention. Please add the following suggested certificate to your reports:

“I hear by certify that I have been a state certified appraiser in Illinois for more than 5 years and my office, or home office, is located within 30 miles of the subject.”

Since the HVCC I have been relegated to working out of my "home office" which happens to be located in Will County. My biggest client is a small lender that services only northern Cook and Lake Counties and employs me due to my familiarity with these areas. Hopefully this is a trend that won't catch on and further diminish our ability to earn a living.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMasterson View Post
Thanks for adressing the issue of "Geographic Competency." My most recent version of USPAP also omitted the mileage chart. Ironically, I received an e-mail from a well regarded local AMC requesting the following be included in future reports:

A new lender requirement has been brought to our attention. Please add the following suggested certificate to your reports:

I hear by certify that I have been a state certified appraiser in Illinois for more than 5 years and my office, or home office, is located within 30 miles of the subject.

Since the HVCC I have been relegated to working out of my "home office" which happens to be located in Will County. My biggest client is a small lender that services only northern Cook and Lake Counties and employs me due to my familiarity with these areas. Hopefully this is a trend that won't catch on and further diminish our ability to earn a living.
There are some appraisers who set up mail drops throughout a large area so that they can be "proximate" to various markets. Ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 AM

When you work rural downstate areas, it is riduculous. I am based on Champaign and can tell you that nearly every regular working appraiser in our area routinely goes more than 30 miles and are competent to do so. Wonder what they do in North Dakota.....
Old 05-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bamert View Post
When you work rural downstate areas, it is riduculous. I am based on Champaign and can tell you that nearly every regular working appraiser in our area routinely goes more than 30 miles and are competent to do so. Wonder what they do in North Dakota.....
They have the same problems. I hear about it.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM

State: Colorado
Another great news letter.

Last edited by Mile High Trout : 05-09-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread