Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > State Forums > Individual States > Illinois
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Tinley Gardens

Have an upcoming appraisal in Tinley. Older 1960's Cape, around 94th ave and 184th. Will County side but North of I80. 1 Sale in area. All others newer homes for Tinley/Will side.

Looks like I will have to go to other Cities in Will county ( older sections of Frankfort/mokena? ). Just asking If any out there have " already" done some research for some comparable markets before I start it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM

I do a TON of Tinley Park. I just did one in Tinley Gardens about a month and a hlaf ago- you are right on track. I used the on comp you are talking about in Tinley Gardens, 2 other closed ones from Mokena, a 4th closed one for bracketing in Tinley Park. There were a couple of decent listings in Tinley Gardens as well at the time of mine. I always thought Will county had higher taxes but they are reallly not much different from Cook - in Tinley anyways. Try and say in same school district if possible. There are a lot of marketability differences in school districts around there. I have had quite a few conversations with realtors about Will/Cook Tinley differences- not a biggie- just be careful with school districts. You should be fine. Like I said I do a lot in Tinley and know it well so PM any other questions and I can help.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:42 PM

When I was 10 we moved from 59th and Lawndale to Frankfort. We were happy to be away from the south side. The kids from Frankfort said at least we're not in Frankfort Square. The kids from Frankfort Square said at least we're not in Arbury Hills. The kids from Arbury Hills said at least we're not in Tinley Gardens. The kids from Tinley Gardens said very little.

All kidding aside, although it may not look pretty on your location map, the area south of I-80 is still Frankfort Township, HS210, SD161, and Will County. I would be much more inclined to consider that area more "comparable" to Tinley Gardens than north of 183rd Street, which is a different Township, County, and school district. Frankfort Township has a new assessor (won as a write-in, go figure) and has promised significant changes.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 PM

Thanks for all the input--Owners havent called back yet, so no date set.
Not looking forward to it anyway !! Looks like a major pain..

Thanks Again
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread