Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:22 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related
Default Tips & Tricks Coming Your Way

Hey Everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted here. Randy keeps me locked in "the dungeon" these days working on current and future sketching products. He's out of town, so I snuck out to give you a heads up about something we're working on.

In recent weeks, we've begun to focus on providing new resources that new and existing users can access to learn more about Apex Product. Our videos we've created in the past (according to many appraisers) have been helpful in demonstrating what's new, what's coming and mostly how to use (or make better use of) the Apex tools you already have.

We're just getting started on a new series of videos and there are a handful already posted that you can view here:

http://www.youtube.com/apexsoftware

We have more Tips & Tricks videos lined up that we intend to release on a regular basis, but our goal is to build a library based on what you want to see or need help with that others in your profession would undoubtedly benefit from. We really want to make this all about you; so your comments, feedback and participation is highly encouraged.

Thanks!

Robert Smoote
Product Development Manager
Apex Software

Last edited by Robert Smoote : 05-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 AM

State: Colorado
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Robert,

Good video.... how about new videos for apex v5 or a good manual...
I dont have a tablet ..dont know if I want one

thanks
ray
Old 05-14-2011, 11:25 AM

State: Massachusetts
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Can you make Sketch-It v1.4 work with Windows 7?
Old 05-14-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrienza View Post
Robert,

Good video.... how about new videos for apex v5 or a good manual...
I dont have a tablet ..dont know if I want one

thanks
ray
Ray:

Thanks for the kind words. Yes videos will be coming for Apex v5 as well. You can subscribe to the channel if you'd like and you will be reminded when new videos have been published. I'm aiming to begin shooting something for the desktop next week. Is there anything in particular (content-wise) you would like to know more about?

As for the new manual... I am working on that (probably as your reading this) as well.

Again, thanks for the comments and feedback.

Robert Smoote
Apex Software
Old 05-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonApprsr View Post
Can you make Sketch-It v1.4 work with Windows 7?
That's most likely a question better left to SFREP unfortunately.

One thing you could try:

Make sure you are running the program as administrator. In many occassions older software applications are attempting to "write" in locations that Vista/Windows 7 have made more secure in current Opertaing Systems. My guess is, this is a long shot, but I've seen programs work/not work simply because of this permission.

Sorry if this doesn't help and I wish I could offer more. My suggestion is contact SFREP to see if they can offer any other guidance.

Robert Smoote
Apex Software
Old 05-14-2011, 05:34 PM

State: Oregon
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

We need a sketch program to work on Android 2.1!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM

State: Massachusetts
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

SFREP's guidance was that I can't use it, and have to use APEX. I don't want to use APEX They said it's APEX' fault, and that Apex would need to be able to "hack" sketch-it to work with the newer versions of Appraise-It.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM

Anon,

First off, excus my delay in responding to posts. I am out of the country at present and will not ba back in the US with decent Internet connectivityuntil mid-June. Until then, any replies or posts from me will likely be spotty and short, at best...

As far as anything having to do with Sketch-It, please note that Apex has nothing at all to do with that product. We did not write it, nor do we support it. That product was developed and distributed soley by SFREP. It is true that Apex can read and convert old Sketch-It files, but the programs are completely different. The only simularity is in some of the functionality as Sketch-It mirrors most Apex commands introduced by us back in the DOS days.

I am sorry you do not wish to use Apex - I wish you would, but there is absolutely nothing we can do about Sketch-It not running to your satisfaction. If someone lead you believe that it is "apex's fault" that Sketch-It does not do something, they are entirely mistaken.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread