Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > The Gym
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 PM

State: Arkansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser
Default Applause for one of the Forum

Saw Forumite Ed Berry yesterday at our bi monthly meeting....he has lost 30 lb. since April 1.. new diet. He was comparing notes with another area appraiser/realtor husband wife team. Chad had lost over 50 lb. on same diet. 900 calories a day liquid then tapering back to a more sustainable solid food diet. They are both under the direction of a doctor in Rogers, AR who is overseeing their progress... same issues. The old blood sugar was rising. He' looking good although if you peeled back his onion, there is more than 70 layers in it...I think I may try this myself as I have put back on a lot of weight after losing a bunch 2 years ago.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:18 AM

All,

I Had Needed To Loose Weight For 20-25 Years But Was Afraid Of All "add" Programs.

Did Loose 20 Lbs On Atkins System But Loss Stopped --and Was Eating The Same.

Back I Went To 294 Lbs.

The Program Is Administered By A Clinic Associated With Mercy Health Systems In Rogers, Ar. A Doc (most Insurance Will Pay For Doc) Checks Everyone Once A Month And A Blood Test Is Done.

They Have Been Doing It About 2 1/2 Years.

The Program Is Called "new Directions". One Has To Take A New Direction Of Eating, A Normal Lifestyle. If One Cannot Maintain The Loss They Say They Have Failed.

The Other Guy Terrel Mentioned Actually Lost 86 Lbs Since 1st Of Year.(is That 5 Lbs A Week)

I Feel Better And Have More Energy Than In 30 Years. Will Be 77 In June And Yesterday Worked In Garden Stooping And Planting 24 Plants.

Stopped Only 3 Time To Rest.

In My Initial Exam, They Found I Had Diabetes (180 Sugar Level, What Ever That Means) So The Weight Loss Might Prevent The Insulin Route.

Program Is Basically Like Terrill Related.

I Undertook This Program After Talking To Trusted Friend And So Far So Good-

Going For 100-arkie Ed
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 AM

State: Massachusetts
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Good luck Ed, congrats so far.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM

State: Missouri

Wow! It sounds like it is paying off nicely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD BERRY View Post
I Feel Better And Have More Energy Than In 30 Years. Will Be 77 In June And Yesterday Worked In Garden Stooping And Planting 24 Plants.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM

State: North Dakota

Wow, 77 and still appraising and losing weight and getting healthier! Maybe this business does extend ones life if done properly?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:36 AM

Thanks For Kind Comments.

Am Really Blessed.

My Mentor In 1976 Needed Some Help And Stated One Could Appraise At 80.

I Can Do A Relo In A Day Due To Our Very Good Mls, (aerials, Plat Dwgs, History, Interior Pics, Etc.) 750 Chickens, Not Bad For A Retired Chicken Farmer.

Have Done Over 9,300 Reports And Shooting For 10,000.

My Wife Is 76 And Proofs My Reports. When We Did Fha She Did Most Of The Reports That Were From Plans And Specs.

We Are In Good Health And Really Enjoy Life.

Been To Russia And Ukraine Seven Times.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM

State: Virginia

At 74 going on 75(July) I feel like a meer child compared to Ed

About 10 years ago I weighed 252 and had a cholestral at 245. Today I weigh 195 and have a cholestral at 115. Had a stent in 2005. I lost weight by getting rid of all diets, eating literally anything I wanted, just not very much of anything. Weight went down slowly and stayed down. I drink lots of water, almost no carbonized drinks, some gator aid if out and about, and do have 3 meals a day. I eat very little for breakfast, light lunch, and a moderate meal in the evening. It works for me, and my wife. It may not work for you.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:45 PM

State: New Hampshire

Kuddo's to you all. As Americans, we are eating ourselves to death. My son has his Masters in Physical Education and is a Personal Trainer. His contention is we are sometimes our own worse enemies, however it is learned behavior. Did you realize that forms of ADHD is sometimes (often) dietary in nature. If you really read up on it, it is very eye opening. However it is not easy to undertake this type of mission. Congrats and we are rooting you all on.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM

State: Ohio

Hi all!

Congrats on the weight losses!

I have lost 30 pounds since February by weighing everything & logging my calories on www. nutrimirror .com. It seems like a lot of work at first but once you get in the habit, it is a WONDERFUL tool, especially if you question your mineral intake too! I take a LOT of trips to the grocery store but it keeps me from eating all the processed foods. : )

I've started walking a few miles a couple days a week. I am feeling better than ever & I can tell my blood sugar is much better too!

Closed Thread