Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser
Default so apex had a contest on facebook to win a disto d5

it appears the contest was totally rigged. My buddy was one of the front runners. they deleted him from the page and deleted posts in his favor. He would have won but they obviously did not want him to. I would like to know what someone from apex has to say about this

Last edited by kakarotto : 06-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 01:32 PM

State: North Carolina
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Quote:
We've received a lot of posts / likes on our page and have been "hiding" them to keep clutter down. We will be tallying all votes this morning. In the process of hiding posts, we may have accidently "banned" some users during the clean up process.
Not very transparent, is it?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

FWIW, I have no idea what this is about - probably my own fault for daring to be away from my desk so long, but I will look into it. My personal take, though, is that stuff like these contests are not worth the effort, especially when they seem to generate negative feelings ;-) I'll look into seeing what can be done. In the interim, I am forwarding this thread link to the head of our Customer Service for him to deal with. I'll express my personal feelings more behind the scenes.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM

State: North Carolina

"Free Distos for everyone!" says Randall "Oprah" Garrett to all his friends on Facebook.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Professional Status: General Public

kakarotto,

My apologies for any confusion this Disto contest has caused. In appreciation of our customers, we have run a few DISTO Giveaway contests over the past couple of weeks on our Facebook page. We can assure you that none of the contests were meant to offend anybody. We typically notify the winners by personal email and once the contact information, address and a shipping date are confirmed, we then announce it publicly. This contest was not different and the winner has been notified via personal email. We apologize again for any miscommunication and / or negative feelings regarding this.

The response to this contest was drastically higher than previous giveaways we have done on our Facebook page. In an effort to keep the page functional for those looking for information not related to this contest, we removed all entries from the wall.

Thanks for your understanding.

Brian Woolard
Apex Software
bwoolard@apexwin.com
800-858-9958 ext: 311
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Woolard View Post
kakarotto,

My apologies for any confusion this Disto contest has caused. In appreciation of our customers, we have run a few DISTO Giveaway contests over the past couple of weeks on our Facebook page. We can assure you that none of the contests were meant to offend anybody. We typically notify the winners by personal email and once the contact information, address and a shipping date are confirmed, we then announce it publicly. This contest was not different and the winner has been notified via personal email. We apologize again for any miscommunication and / or negative feelings regarding this.

The response to this contest was drastically higher than previous giveaways we have done on our Facebook page. In an effort to keep the page functional for those looking for information not related to this contest, we removed all entries from the wall.

Thanks for your understanding.

Brian Woolard
Apex Software
bwoolard@apexwin.com
Thanks for your reply. However there are several issues. One, and the "competition " was solicited by someone named Johnny from your organization for their email. Two, and voters were deleted from the page creating a false vote count. We kept our own count and my friend had the other person beat by approximately 30 votes. Of course many of those voters and their votes were removed. Perhaps Apex as a company is not unethical but it's obvious that the person or persons who had access to the page is unethical.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM

Professional Status: General Public

kakarotto,

Will you please contact me at the email or phone number below? I would like to get more information from you and discuss the details of this issue.

Thank you for your time!

Brian Woolard
Apex Software
bwoolard@apexwin.com
Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Man, I want a D5. I was watching a gently used one that sold for $436. I might have to lower my expectations to a A5 after coughing up a $G for software fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Brian, i heard you reached out to my buddy and i think it was really classy what you guys did. kudos to apex.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:35 PM

State: Florida

Those basturds. That's it -- I'm not using my Disto until Friday at my next appointment.

Closed Thread