Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > Apex
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:49 AM

State: Kansas
Professional Status: Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
Default Apex Version 5 - Sketch Info and Zoom Cursor

Prior to Version 5, the system would prompt you to input the Sketch Info. That appears to be gone. Also, the PIN number that was input into Sketch Info would appear on the printed sketch in the upper left corner (using the basic layout with no tables, etc.). Now, none of the Sketch Info appears on the printed sketch. Can we get the PIN number back in the upper left corner?

Oh, where is the Zoom Cursor? Is that gone?
Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 12:38 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

kscycler,

Hi and thanks for writing! You may have seen in one of my previous posts on another topic, very rarely is a well used feature removed, so if something appears missing, it is most likely that some default/option is turned off. Occasionally we miss something ;-) so I appreciate you writing in!

When you write in, it would be helpful if you let me know your current version number, program date and whether you are using the regular Fee Appraiser, Assessor or other version. This info is found by selecting "About" from the Help menu.

I just checked the current and past versions and found:
  • If by "Sketch Info" you mean the "Subject Info", the option to automatically display the appropriate dialog upon printing is simply not selected. Go to Tools/Configuration and select the "Misc." tab to select this option. If it IS already selected, we may need to reset your config file. See the first attached screen shot below.
  • As you likely already know, the "PIN number" can be entered in once the dialog referenced above comes up into either the "Case Number" or "File Number" fields. FWIW, you can also manually pull up this dialog by selecting "Subject Info" on the Edit menu. The shortcut key is [Ctrl] [Pg Up]
  • Checking with QA, it seems that when we revamped some of the printing, we missed printing Case and/or File number in an earlier v5 update. They inform me that you should get the latest update from our web site to correct this (as well as a number of other small issues. You can either go to our web site and navigate to find it, or select "Check for Updates" from the Help menu. See the other attached image. You may also select to automatically check for updates from this dialog if desired.
  • I noted that in past versions, only the Full Page Legal (8200) and Full Page Letter (7200) forms. Do you want this info to print on the other pages? We have the print code open for a bit longer making some changes to a custom set of forms, so let me know as this would be an opportune time to do this if desired. Otherwise, it might be several months before we open up this part of the program again. We anticipate releasing v5.2 in the next 30 - 60 days, depending on when the client gets back with us on approval of their changes.

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Av5 Config-Misc-PrintOptions.jpg (52.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 10-22-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett View Post
kscycler,

Hi and thanks for writing! You may have seen in one of my previous posts on another topic, very rarely is a well used feature removed, so if something appears missing, it is most likely that some default/option is turned off. Occasionally we miss something ;-) so I appreciate you writing in!

When you write in, it would be helpful if you let me know your current version number, program date and whether you are using the regular Fee Appraiser, Assessor or other version. This info is found by selecting "About" from the Help menu.

I just checked the current and past versions and found:
  • If by "Sketch Info" you mean the "Subject Info", the option to automatically display the appropriate dialog upon printing is simply not selected. Go to Tools/Configuration and select the "Misc." tab to select this option. If it IS already selected, we may need to reset your config file. See the first attached screen shot below.
  • As you likely already know, the "PIN number" can be entered in once the dialog referenced above comes up into either the "Case Number" or "File Number" fields. FWIW, you can also manually pull up this dialog by selecting "Subject Info" on the Edit menu. The shortcut key is [Ctrl] [Pg Up]
  • Checking with QA, it seems that when we revamped some of the printing, we missed printing Case and/or File number in an earlier v5 update. They inform me that you should get the latest update from our web site to correct this (as well as a number of other small issues. You can either go to our web site and navigate to find it, or select "Check for Updates" from the Help menu. See the other attached image. You may also select to automatically check for updates from this dialog if desired.
  • I noted that in past versions, only the Full Page Legal (8200) and Full Page Letter (7200) forms. Do you want this info to print on the other pages? We have the print code open for a bit longer making some changes to a custom set of forms, so let me know as this would be an opportune time to do this if desired. Otherwise, it might be several months before we open up this part of the program again. We anticipate releasing v5.2 in the next 30 - 60 days, depending on when the client gets back with us on approval of their changes.
Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Randall,
Thanks so much for the reply. We're using Apex Sketch V5 Pro, Version 5.1.2227.1 dated July 26, 2011.

I clicked for the latest update and I am already updated to the latest, so I don't think an update is lurking out there.

In the File menu, there is a box labeled Sketch Info. When selected, a dialog box comes up as Subject Information with two columns: Label and Description. Under Label, we have Parcel No., Quick Ref #, Property Address, City, Appraiser, Date. In our previous version, we input the Parcel Identification Number (PIN) number in the Parcel No. field and it would print on the resultant sketch in the upper left hand corner, above the box. The print form we're using is Letter Size Sketch Only.

Also, I didn't see any info on the Zoom Cursor window. Did that go away?

P.S. - If I could figure out how to do thumbnails, I would send you screen shots.
Thanks again...Steve
Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Steve,

Ahhh, mystery solved... Somehow, your config file got whacked a bit and you are running a weird mix of a custom version and the regular Assessor/Pro version. I spoke with QA and they advised we reset your config. If you give me your contact info, I will have Jonathan call you and either walk you through it or set you up with a remote session and do it for you. You can either PM me with your phone number or send me your customer number and I will pass it to Jonathan.

On the Zoom cursor thing, in my haste to answer your original post before going to lunch, I simply forgot to answer that. I have good news and bad news there... In most versions, I disabled the Zoom cursor because I never was really happy with it and it was causing me a problem when trying to use the regular Zoom function ([Z]) In the Pro version, it is still there under the CAD Module Tab, which should be included with your Pro license. I believe, however, the [Z] key is disabled (going to try and track that down before releasing v5.2), so you will have to switch to the CAD tab and click on the icon. Now, that said, we never fully implemented the Zoom cursor the way I intended, so that is scheduled to get looked at also for v5.2. I simply want it to be a better implementation. I recognize the usefulness of it, but the one we did for v4.x was just a quickie, down-and-dirty implementation - I never meant THAT one to make it into a production build, but alas, it did. Works "OK" but not really up to my standards. So, assuming we can get to it before v5.2 is pushed out, we will figure out what is causing the [Z] key "confusion" and get a much better Zoom cursor, to boot! :-)

On your print, make sure you are using the Full Page Letter format - that is the only one that prints the Subject Info, which contains the those two top (left and right) fields. If nothing is entered there, of course, nothing will print. The form you are using now does not print the Subject Info, but I can add the logic that IF there is data in either or both of those two fields, that info will print. Like I mentioned, we have this part of the code open right now, so this is a good time to sneak that in for v5.2. In the meantime, you'll need to use the other letter form.

Let me know how it goes after speaking with Jonathan. Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements, let me know.

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM

State: Arizona
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Mr. Garette:

I had full sync with Apex 3 and 4 with NCVForms, irregardless of OS. Is there anything different about the interface with v5 that I need to work with? Do I use th esame connector controls or is there something different I need to implement in my software?

I just want to make sure that if my users want the latest and greatest from you that they can still synchronize with NCVForms without "copy and paste."

Kind Regards:

John-David Biggers
NCVSoftware
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 PM

JD,

Thanks for writing. Congrats, BTW, on your growing popularity!

Most, if not all, of the previous control implementation is the same (i.e. still there) for backward compatibility/legacy support, etc. As you might imagine, though, there are newer, better options today. PM me with your contact info and I will personally "walk" you through to Iain who can make sure you get the latest stuff and open a channel for getting any needed changes or enhancements/optimizations which might make things easier, faster or more efficient for your environment. We could fall back to legacy, or even drag 'n drop but if you are going to put any effort into it anyway, my thought is that a little collaboration could make it better for everybody, maybe with the same or less work on your side. If you have any special requirements or ideas for something slick, we are happy to accommodate. Are you still working in Delphi? Av5 is mainly in D10, so if you are in Delphi, there may be some advantages there (?)

Warm regards,

-Randall Garrett-
*Apex Software*
Old 08-24-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Garrett View Post
Steve,

Ahhh, mystery solved... Somehow, your config file got whacked a bit and you are running a weird mix of a custom version and the regular Assessor/Pro version. I spoke with QA and they advised we reset your config. If you give me your contact info, I will have Jonathan call you and either walk you through it or set you up with a remote session and do it for you. You can either PM me with your phone number or send me your customer number and I will pass it to Jonathan.

On the Zoom cursor thing, in my haste to answer your original post before going to lunch, I simply forgot to answer that. I have good news and bad news there... In most versions, I disabled the Zoom cursor because I never was really happy with it and it was causing me a problem when trying to use the regular Zoom function ([Z]) In the Pro version, it is still there under the CAD Module Tab, which should be included with your Pro license. I believe, however, the [Z] key is disabled (going to try and track that down before releasing v5.2), so you will have to switch to the CAD tab and click on the icon. Now, that said, we never fully implemented the Zoom cursor the way I intended, so that is scheduled to get looked at also for v5.2. I simply want it to be a better implementation. I recognize the usefulness of it, but the one we did for v4.x was just a quickie, down-and-dirty implementation - I never meant THAT one to make it into a production build, but alas, it did. Works "OK" but not really up to my standards. So, assuming we can get to it before v5.2 is pushed out, we will figure out what is causing the [Z] key "confusion" and get a much better Zoom cursor, to boot! :-)

On your print, make sure you are using the Full Page Letter format - that is the only one that prints the Subject Info, which contains the those two top (left and right) fields. If nothing is entered there, of course, nothing will print. The form you are using now does not print the Subject Info, but I can add the logic that IF there is data in either or both of those two fields, that info will print. Like I mentioned, we have this part of the code open right now, so this is a good time to sneak that in for v5.2. In the meantime, you'll need to use the other letter form.

Let me know how it goes after speaking with Jonathan. Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements, let me know.

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Randall,
Thanks so much. I think I have the print issue resolved; I'm able to get the data at the top of the sketch by changing forms as you suggested. I think I'm OK for now, and will continue to experiment.

As for the CAD module, we apprarantly don't have that module on our license. No worries, I was just liking the Zoom Cursor because of all the odd-shaped buildings I sketch using Photometric and images beneath the sketch. It was helpful to find the corners, and I think it's something that others would use. So I hope you tweak it and make it what you want and we can see it in the future. Yep, it was annoying when typing the text label "mezzanine" to have the Zoom Cursor pop up, but that only happened on original entry and not on edit, so I could work around it.

BTW, I guess I"m such a newbie that I don't have PM capability yet, either because I haven't been validated or our server is blocking authentication. No matter, as I think I'm OK for now. Thanks again...Steve.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 AM

Steve,

No problem - glad to help.

Enabling PM is easy - just
select the User CP toward the upper left,
then choose Edit Options,
then select the appropriate boxes

(See the first image attached below. Note, I altered the image slightly to shrink it down for size.)
Prudent use of PM is very handy option. Members use it quite a bit to exchange info either off topic or private in some manner. I recommend enabling it - if it doesn't work out, it is simple to just disable it.

On your CAD module thing, it is my understanding that your Pro license enables it for the first year, so shoot me a message on your contact info and I will get it handled for you. It is pretty much like PhotoMetrics™ on Steroids... :-) I am attaching a 3-shot image going from CAD file to Apex (detailed for Fee Appraiser) to filtered OFF for Assessor type use...

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CadModule.jpg (49.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Randall Garrett : 09-20-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Randall,
Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, my CP is a bit different than the thumbnail and I don't have an option for PM in the messaging area. Wonder if it's a validation thing, or a noob thing? Anyway, I don't have it and I checked and unchecked everything I could find on the CP. Oh, and the CAD module looks great, and I'd love to give it a test drive, if only I could get my info to you.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 AM

Randall,
Any issues with the Undo or Redo buttons (Edit menu)? We've got two appraisers working in Apex V5 Pro 5.1.2227.1 and the program locks up (and a light gray area appears over the screen) if they push the button(s). Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread