Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Urgent - Help Needed
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:22 AM

State: Rhode Island
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default A good private form to use?

I use Wintotal for my appraisal software. When performing private appraisals for purposes other than mortgage transactions, what form do you prefer? I've used the old 2055 form in the past, but is there anything without all the mortgage verbiage.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 AM

State: New Mexico
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Look for a general purpose form ... GPAR in some software .... I dont know about wintotal.
When you find it ... make sure you read it carefully before you start using it. With the GPar forms I have seen you have to add the definition of value (and dont forget to cite the source which is a USPAP requirement) and while the forms look nearly identical there are subtle differences you should make yourself aware of.

Good luck.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM

State: North Carolina

Alamode has a whole section of General Purpose forms. One has the look and feel of the old 1004 (pre 05) so it is familiar to most folks. I have used several different versions. The Consumer Short form only includes the Sales Comparison Approach, but is spaced out to 5 pages so its easy for the average person to read and semi-understand. They also have pre-printed Certifications pages for use with the various GP forms, that only require minor tweaking to meet USPAP reporting requirements.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:13 AM

State: Michigan

http://appraisersforum.com/showthread.php?t=182318
Old 09-24-2011, 05:26 PM

State: Florida
Default Gpres2

I use Wintotals General Purpose Residential - GPRES2. Just make sure to include the GP residential certification addendum or your own cert page as the form doesn't have it included. If you use your own cert page, include a Definition of Market Value also, the form by itself doesn't have one!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:47 PM

State: Arizona

I like the AI Residential Report, you can pick and choose which pages of that form you want to use, then add whatever exhibits you prefer. It is kinda of a cross between Fannie/Freddie forms and a ERC report. But the flexability is what I like.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:35 PM

State: Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton View Post
I like the AI Residential Report, you can pick and choose which pages of that form you want to use, then add whatever exhibits you prefer. It is kinda of a cross between Fannie/Freddie forms and a ERC report. But the flexability is what I like.

I like the A.I. Summary Appraisal Report - http://www.appraisalinstitute.org/ed...rtsSummary.pdf

You don't need to use every page (income, etc)
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 PM

State: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dona Roberts View Post
I use Wintotals General Purpose Residential - GPRES2. Just make sure to include the GP residential certification addendum or your own cert page as the form doesn't have it included. If you use your own cert page, include a Definition of Market Value also, the form by itself doesn't have one!
Agreed - the GPRES2 form is excellent.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:17 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven J View Post
I use Wintotal for my appraisal software. When performing private appraisals for purposes other than mortgage transactions, what form do you prefer? I've used the old 2055 form in the past, but is there anything without all the mortgage verbiage.

Thanks
Like the others said, use a general purpose form. Make sure you include scope of work, intended users, intended use, definition of market value, certifications, etc.

You should never use a Fannie form in any way shape or form with private deals. If you should end up in court....you can expect to get hammered because of all the mortgage verbiage. It would behoove you to read the link Michigan CG included in his post.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 PM

State: Arkansas

Write up a set of narrative templates of your own... look professional.

Closed Thread