Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Technical - Hardware/Software > ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:15 AM

State: California
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default Aci 2012 with mobile device

Looks like aci has partnered with phoenix mobile to provide field gathering on iPad or iPhone. Read it in the back of working RE magazine. Read the reviews on Phoenix and it seems every user has reported it to be worthless, because it always crashes. Does aci do this to us on purpose? Do they think that people will stay with them after all the crashing. Let's just keep the crashing consistent across the board on our mobile device too!
Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM

How does it compare to Total for Mobile?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM

State: Indiana
Professional Status: Appraiser Trainee

I agree, let hope they keep the crashing, and poor tech support too
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM

I played around with it last night. The field gathering is similar, but the sketching plain sucks. None of mobile sketchers compare to an Apex product, such as Nexus or Mobilesketch for the iPad. It is supposed to wirelessly integrate with ACI2012.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 PM

State: New York
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Just wanted to chime in with a few thoughts:

We would love to give anyone a webex of PhoenixMobile - which would allow us to walk you through the app and how it integrates with ACI.

Almost always, when someone is having a problem, a simple walkthrough is enough to clarify any confusion.

If you have a particular feature request, or something you'd like to see changed - we want to hear it!

This is the only thing we work on over here. We don't make desktop software, and we don't have any other products beyond what is required to support PhoenixMobile - so we are completely committed to continuing to develop the absolute best mobile tools available.

Call us up anytime, get a walkthrough, and decide for yourself!

It doesn't cost anything to download the app and play with it.

We are based out of Buffalo, NY - so we generally are available immediately during normal business hours EST - but even after-hours, you stand a good chance of getting ahold of us. If any particular time works best for you we will absolutely setup an appointment and meet whenever is most convenient for you.

Support at phoenixsuite.com

If you don't get the help you need - or you want something more - anyone is always welcome to email me directly - and I will make absolutely sure your question/concern is addressed.

SWright at phoenixsuite.com

Steve Wright
President
PhoenixSuite, LLC
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Just spoke with Steve over at Phoenix Mobile and he walked me through their product. Seems like it can be a very solid product for gathering field data and sketching. I ran the latest update that fixed the crashing. The sketching is actually much easier than I thought after seeing how it works and soon some updates will be released that add additional features to the sketching portion of it. It's free to download right now for the iPad.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 PM

State: North Dakota
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Steve - Any ETA on an Android version?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 PM

State: New York
Professional Status: IT Professional-Appraisal Related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo1 View Post
Steve - Any ETA on an Android version?
We are looking at later in the summer - with significant enhancements to the sketcher and the forms along the way.

Everything already "works" on the Android - but we have to button up the app. I don't want to overpromise because we have a lot on our plate with the various integrations, lots of requests for additional forms, and existing plans for making some other improvements to the iOS versions.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 AM

State: Connecticut

I am really liking it. Has lots of potential. Having an issue with photos. Not coming over with sync.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 AM

State: Pennsylvania

Where can I find the iPad apps? Under what name?
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread