Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:51 PM

State: West Virginia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser
Default USPAP 2012-13 Market Value Definition

I have read the update to the new USPAP . I have been told by an associate who took the new USPAP class that we have to cite the source for the Market Value definition that is preprinted on the 1004 and 2055. I re read the old USPAP and in Standard 2 (b) (v) it does say : "state the type and definition of value and cite the source of the definition". Does anyone know if this is true? Are we supposed to cite the source of our Market Value Definition in a 1004 or 2055?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM

State: North Carolina

If you are using the -pre-printed 1004 or 2055 then you are using the Fannie Mae definition.

The form "states" the definition. There is nothing else you need to do.

Am I misunderstanding your question somehow?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:57 PM

State: Minnesota

It's already cited on the 1004 and 2055, which is by Fannie Mae.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM

State: Tennessee

Refer to FAQ 203, page F-93 in the 2012-2013 USPAP. The FAQ deals directly with the question posed.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 PM

".....cite the source of the definition."

so because the form is a Fannie Mae form...that means they are the "source " of the definition...is that what you're saying? It is also a Freddie MAc form .... sorry to make something so simple, complicated, but I am trying to make sure my office is compliant. We've been using these forms for years...as has everyone and this just came up in a recent USPAP class.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM

State: Virginia

Some instructors unfortunately "state" their own opinions which are not always what USPAP says. One such instructor that recently taught a class locally stated that we are all out of compliance with USPAP if we do not write a definition of zoning similar to the one in AO19, page A-25, Lines 140-144. That is not the case. One needs to read further on lines 148-150

Also, it depends on the level of the understanding of the client/intended users. And, one minor variation in the report type does not change the nature of the entire report.

I really wish USPAP Instructors would stick to what is in the program instead of chasing after minor issues.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:58 PM

State: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhilton View Post
".....cite the source of the definition."

so because the form is a Fannie Mae form...that means they are the "source " of the definition...is that what you're saying? It is also a Freddie MAc form .... sorry to make something so simple, complicated, but I am trying to make sure my office is compliant. We've been using these forms for years...as has everyone and this just came up in a recent USPAP class.

See post #4.

Relax.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 PM

Thank you all for your responses and especially the reference to FAQ 203....
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM

State: New York

Such a minor issue here. I dought anyone would get a fine, or extra education. If you address it, however you do, and it makes some reasonable scense I think you covered your Esposure time base. But I'm sure as time goes on every AMC will want a full paragraph, word for word on every report. Of course no extra $$ for our time......
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM

State: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzvogel View Post
Such a minor issue here. I dought anyone would get a fine, or extra education. If you address it, however you do, and it makes some reasonable scense I think you covered your Esposure time base. But I'm sure as time goes on every AMC will want a full paragraph, word for word on every report. Of course no extra $$ for our time......
Not such a minor issue if you have dealt with multiple state regulatory agencies as I have and I know that Danny Wiley has. They will find fault in the eye of a gnat, and fine you or suspend you or even revoke your license for some of the smallest issues.

For the record(TAF and AQB are you listening) I believe it is time for TAF and the AQB to bite the bullet once again and have face to face "Come to Jesus" meetings with AQB Certified USPAP instructors for recertification purposes. Too many AQB Certified USPAP Instructors giving out bad information. The OP's question and the instructors answer was wht my son experienced in a class recently. I had lot's of erroneous statements to help him clear up after the class.

Closed Thread