Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Other Forums > Newbies/Appraiser WannaBe
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:08 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

As a newbie I have been trying to locate and/or create a perfect Inspection Checklist and Comp listing that I can take with me on all inspections, just to make sure I dont forget anything. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share their Inspection Checklist with someone who would greatly appreciate it? Thanks for any help!

Dan
Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2002, 08:20 PM

State: Virginia

Maybe I'm overly careful but I just copy page 1 of the URAR and use that and then graph paper to sketch the property. That way I figure that I can't forget something when I am out inspecting. This method has always worked well for me. I use a highlighter to highlight special sections (ie HOA dues) that I need to specifically ask the homeowner.

The use of graph paper allows me to make sure that I have measured correctly while still in the field. It's bailed my butt out several times when I have written down an incorrect figure.

Alamode now allows use of "pocket total" which I am switching to, however I still like having a paper report to work from also.

Liz S.
Grateful that fall is now here.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:11 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Ditto, the front page of the URAR.

When brand new in the biz, I would yellow highlight the subject property section, to force my eyes to that part of the form, and so that I would get all of the notes and check boxes correct.

Now days, I have a mental default and jot down only the differences.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:21 PM

State: Missouri
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Dan--

What's your e-mail address? I have a form that has all of the field info from page 1 of the URAR with graph paper in the mid-section, so that I don't have to flip back & forth between my sketch and my notes.

I use this when the house is too big to squish into Pocket Total.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:35 PM

State: California

Thanks for your responses. My e-mail address is dan_waechter@hotmail.com. Thanks for your assistance and I look forward to seeing your checklist. It sounds great. Yes, I definitely wanted to get something I could work with UNTIL that time when I can upgrade and buy my Pocket PC and Pocket Total!

Dan
Old 10-14-2002, 12:14 AM

State: Montana
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I have a check list in Pdf format, I would be glad to send along. I received it from a posting and the author is, sadly without, attribution.

hotelman@montana.com
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread