Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > General Appraisal Discussion
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 11:35 AM

There we were, walkin down that hill's dirt driveway. eyeballin the cement truck sittin catty wampus jes a lil up from the bottom of that hill. jes sittin thar with 2 X 6's under it's rear wheels.

"thank you again for letting me come with you. i'm finally gonna see the how and what of appraising vacant land." as i carefully watched where i was steppin. was a tad muddy. my feet gittin bigger with each step.

"no problem." he said, bein a man of few werds.

we got down to the bottom of that tree covered hill framin that steep muddy dirt driveway......

and stood there jes takin in the beauty of that 5 acre pennensila (aw heck, that point of land juttin out inta the lake).

he walked around noting the marked sections of the land. me trailin and watchin.

then we walked over to an area that seemed to be some of what else we'd come out here to appraise.

i stood there.....lookin down.....

"a hole?" i asked.
"yes. they're beginning to build."
"but, a hole?" i said again.
he looked at me, and i knew there was a florescent sign on my forehead flashin.."newbie newbie newbie" cuz i'm familiar with That look.

he explained. i listened.

and thought, "this is bettern a drive by!"

and a ride in the country to boot!

lovin country appraisin kate
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2003, 11:47 AM

State: Maine
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Ya Know Kate.. I'm beginning to think you are a closet writer.. Love the flavor of your posts.. Next will be a class on construction components! Hope you maintain the present apparent enthusiasm.

Happy T'day
Wendy
Old 11-26-2003, 04:41 PM

yep, wendy........ am lookin forwerd to watchin these changes ensue.
have so often driven by a lovely site and kinda wondered, 'what the heck are they buildin in there?!'
now, i git to see. and, am lovin it!

the enthusiasm? wal now..... doubt that'll happen. this has been a decision in the makin for a number of years. am jes a lil off on my timin. 'sides, ain't ne'r been one to give up on a dream.

now, youngun......let's address that thar closet thang.

'preciate yer thinkin on this topic, shur nuf do. but, gotsta tell ya........ ain't ne'r writ nothin 'bout no closet ......yet.

butja got me thunkin on it some. so next times i'm in some complete stranger's house and scopin out the lay of the land (so to speak).... will take that thar disto thang 'been hearin so much 'bout into that small cramped dark far corner......and jes mebe gitcha a story 'bout it.

now, donna ya be holdin yer breath none.

oh dear! jes 'membered what folks sez lurks in them dark closets.........

OM!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:25 AM

State: Maine
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I love it! Keep it up!

Back to work after some Thanksgiving time off .. Only on business day.. 36 emails. Counting my blessings!

And looking at closets a bit differently
Peace
Wendy
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread