Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > General Appraisal Discussion
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:44 PM

State: Illinois
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

A client told me that another appraiser in my office is "blacklisted"

As this report has a trainee and supervisor signature, I wanted to find out who, what and why.

After I called, waded through menus and hold I got a reply that the broker is the only one who can get that information. Huh?

Does anybody know who I can contact at Citimortgage so I can find out? Heck I want to know if I'm on their approved list too. In the past I've had a few issues with lenders approval lists based on field reviews, but they all came certified mail and a request for a formal reply with a copy of the field review. Each time I had a name and tel number of someone to contact. Sounds odd that citimortgage or whatever parent company would maintain this list wouldn't do the same.

BJ
Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

BJ,

Not sure who to contact at Citimortgage, but Aegis Lending, Household Mortgage, and (I am confident) many others do the same. And, once someone is on it, it is just about impossible to get off--even if the accused is proven guiltless in all charges laid against him/her.

Some companies do that to ban the non-Skippies. Others do it for legit reasons.

Good luck!
-ed-
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 AM

State: Kansas
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

I got on Countrywides black list years ago for disclosing defects in a home. I found out because the local office managers secretary got mad and quit and on her way out the door let me know I was on the list. I had been doing appraisal for the office for six years and all of sudden the work flow stopped. I ask the office manager what happened and she kept saying it was just slow. I never was able to get anyone at Countrywide to formally provide me with the accusations or consider my position. Countrywide turned appraisal ordering over to Landsafe at about the same point in time, my black listing carried over to Landsafe. In the end it was a good thing because it forced me to have a broader client base. I probably would have been unhappy doing Landsafe work anyway because of their absurd fee structure. Mostly they use the local Skippy's, which as been a boon for my business because of all the foreclosure and REO work they generate for me.

Saying all this, I would still take legal action against them for slander or libel if I could get hold their internal file on me.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:27 AM

State: Nebraska
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Diclose defects? he mentioned that it might be a good idea to get a professional opinion on a failing (finished) basement wall in an area where failing basment walls are pretty atypical. Problem is the home inspector who IS an expert didn't mention it. so what stupid kind of appraiser would?!?!?

Ted's story gets better... That incident happened nearly 10 years ago.

I got informed about 3+ years ago that I was on CW's local black-list...

Now the interesting thing is that they didn't have a single report with my signature ON it... They had only Ted's reports.... So what we are married, so what we work from the same office. They weren't disparaging the office or company name, they were commenting on MY skills and abilities.

I got this information from an individual whose house I had appraised before. They had an atypical property, were very happy with me and my work , and had requested that CW use me again as I was familiar with the property... Word does get back.

I had a GRAND time walking into the office and letting them know that the next time I EVER heard of them speaking ill of me or my workproduct there would be lawyers involved, and if I EVER found my name on any blacklist I'd be moving on up in lifestyle at their expense :twisted: .

They had about seven customers in the office and my voice carries well. It was kinda fun! NO ONE in that office had any illusions as to the cause of my concern or my intentions if the situation EVER repeated.

Now I am Landsafe approved.
... but I don't work much for 'em... they don't meet my minimum criteria for compensation... :rainfro:

I DO perform the occasional review as part of my clean up the industry campaign :twisted: see their regular appraisers won't accept review work at their contracted fees...

Closed Thread