Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:56 AM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

After reading Anne O'Roark's newsletter a couple of weeks ago, I visited Appraiser911.com and followed their process. I didn't include some of the info that they requested, because some of it I felt to be invasive and because some of it I didn't want to be advertised. I got no confirming e-mail or "Thank you" auto-bot, but didn't really think about it, because they are new and figured they didn't have working yet.

Well .... this morning I got a fax welcoming me to Appraiser911.com along with an invoice for $526.92 for 1 year of listing on their site. No mention of any fee. No mention of invoicing later. No mention of any sort of obligation. Just sign up and enjoy your new business!

I sent them a nice little e-mail through their site stating that they can remove my listing immediately and that I will not be paying their invoice. What a ripoff! If I were going to spend any money to advertise my business, it would be on Wayne's site, not someone else's. (which I will be doing shortly, BTW)

Just beware that these folks will lead you right through their process with no mention of any sort of fee and then invoice the heck out of you on the back end. Gotta wonder if they aren't just mining the data that they are asking for.

I made the mistake, so you won't have to.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2004, 11:52 AM

State: Ohio
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Thanks for the heads up, Doug. There's nobody's mistakes I rather learn from than yours!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:56 AM

State: Tennessee

Brother.... I can keep you too busy to work, just trying to keep up with my mistakes!! :rofl: :rofl:
Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 PM

State: Oklahoma
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

When I get solisited (spell) from these listing companies I tell them to take a % from each order I recieve rather than for me to pay upfront; no takers yet.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:01 PM

State: Georgia
Professional Status: Certified General Appraiser

Geez...... but they must get some people to pay. Ones who don't know their own web site can be had for half of that much.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:44 PM

State: Illinois

I know what you mean. I tell them I like the confidence they have in their service, and that I'd like to join them if they'll take the sign-up fee from the first order I am paid for. They never go for it.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 AM

State: Colorado

Similar solicitation call to me two weeks ago today from another outfit. I mentioned that I'd like to speak with another appraiser in my metro area who was already benefitting from an affiliation with their program and seeing increased profitability. No name could be provided. Asked for a name of one perhaps in metro-Denver area to north, an area I do not directly serve, no name could be shared.

Then I really stretched and asked if he could please share one name and number of another appraiser ANYWHERE in my state, you know, one who is benefitting from a working relationship with their program and seeing increased profitability......and he has still NOT gotten back to me with any name.......sigh.......in light of the UNDERwhelming amount of work being assigned these days what makes anyone believe that these sign-up-for-business agents have ANYthing to offer. Whatever it might be.......property owner c.o.d. or client pre-pay is the ONLY way to consider accepting any order. Invoicing ?....get real ! Somewhere in the country....today...an appraiser will sign up with them.....maybe get an order.....invoice it.....and wait 90 days before they realize they been "had".
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread