Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 PM

State: California
Professional Status: Licensed Appraiser

Hello all, doing a survey and would like to know what is most important to your clients regarding your services?

· Your contact? (Always keeping in touch via email & or phone calls about the progress of your assignments. You are always easily reached & quick to return messages left).

· Your professionalism? (How you prepare your appraisals, your honesty, integrity, how you conduct yourself at inspections).

· Turn around time?

· You always hit the target number? (Oh come on now…..just think of this as a state exam).

· Your experience? (knowledge in the appraisal field, designations, affiliations with organizations such as The Appraisal Institute?).

· Your willingness to “work with them” i.e. remove photos, remove the line “foreclosure activity noted in the neighborhood”, risk your license, step in front of a speeding bus, etc.

· You have the lowest fee?

· Your good looks & charming personality?

· You accept your fees after close of escrow?

· You appreciate their business and do personal drop ins to the office, drop off donuts, take your clients to lunch, send thank you cards etc.

I really want to know of the above choices starting off with what is most important to what is the least important. Please feel free to add anything that I may not have listed. I appreciate your input.

Best regards, Rick
Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2004, 05:02 PM

State: Tennessee
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

Think I'll have to go with the "Good looks and Charming personality" thingy .... :rofl: :rofl:
Old 06-23-2004, 05:18 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Bingham@Jun 23 2004, 05:02 PM
Think I'll have to go with the "Good looks and Charming personality" thingy .... :rofl: :rofl:
Doug,

He wanted serious replies!

TC
Old 06-23-2004, 05:23 PM

IIIII knew it!! The dancing banana goes in to my marketing Campaign! Thanks for taking a look Doug.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 PM

State: Tennessee

Now Tom ..... :rofl: :rofl:
Old 06-23-2004, 05:27 PM

Oh and by the way....please define a "Skippy" (this may open up a can of worms please keep in mind my original posting).
Old 06-23-2004, 05:45 PM

State: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Fritz@Jun 23 2004, 04:00 PM
[i]Hello all, doing a survey and would like to know what is most important to your clients regarding your services?

· Your contact? (Always keeping in touch via email & or phone calls about the progress of your assignments. You are always easily reached & quick to return messages left).
I touch base with all clients via phone or email at least once a week

· Your professionalism? (How you prepare your appraisals, your honesty, integrity, how you conduct yourself at inspections).

Important·

Turn around time?

I promise 7 working days

· You always hit the target number? (Oh come on now…..just think of this as a state exam).

No one in this forum would admit to that, for the record, Homey don't play that game

· Your experience? (knowledge in the appraisal field, designations, affiliations with organizations such as The Appraisal Institute?).

I believe that my BA and IFA help me get work, I'm sure a lot here will disagree

· Your willingness to “work with them” i.e. remove photos, remove the line “foreclosure activity noted in the neighborhood”, risk your license, step in front of a speeding bus, etc.

See above

· You have the lowest fee?

Not many lenders give out work based on fees, just doesn't happen in my market

· Your good looks & charming personality?

Zero for two

· You accept your fees after close of escrow?

Don't know of many "professions" that collect at the door, my clients pay within 60 days, I never ask upfront unless a private transaction

· You appreciate their business and do personal drop ins to the office, drop off donuts, take your clients to lunch, send thank you cards etc.

As stated before, I do all that
tc
Old 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM

State: Florida

Good thread.....unfortunately..........dinner is ready....to burn (alot for my friend TC)...I'll be watching

TB
Old 06-25-2004, 10:19 AM

State: Colorado

Rick,

Of the three local MB's that I work for I think they would say they like my professionalism the best. I'm not that experienced and the fees are paid by the homeowner so they don't care about that. As far as charm and good looks and giving donuts, I've never even met them in person. Phone, fax and email is the only contact I have.
I'm older and was in sales a long time so I try to sound like I know what I'm doing. The HO always likes the way I take my time and look at his property, even listen to him a while, so I'm sure that gets reported back to the MB.

As far as the out-of-town clients go, I just tell them the truth about when the inspection is set and when it will get done.

A website, resume and a little advertising goes a long way to making you look professional.

Hope that helps,
Bruce

I grew up going to the beach at 22st in Hermosa. Is it still a good place?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:04 PM

State: Texas

I have no idea why my clients use me. I don't hit their numbers, estimated values and sometimes their sales prices. All I do is give them honest, fair values in a timely manner (within one business week) and treat them all like they are my most important client. It boggles my mind.

Maybe it is my charming, polite and friendly demeanor.

Closed Thread