Real Estate Appraisal Forum

appraisersforum.com logo
The Premiere Online Community for Real Estate Appraisers!
 Fastest Way to Find a Real Estate Appraiser Enter Zip Code:

Go Back   Appraisers Forum > Real Estate Appraisal Forums > Marketing
Register Help Our Rules Calendar Archives Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:39 PM

In light of the last posting for vista print, I thought it a good idea to give you all heads up about this print co as well.

I had a very irritating experience printing brochures through 48hourprint.com. Don't be fooled, the 48 hour turnaround is a joke. There have also been these incidences to boot:

-None of their representatives answer their phones. Directly reaching employees of 48 hour print is near impossible. The operator will occasionally answer but is only capable of transferring you to voice mail. This is especially frustrating when you're just as difficult to reach, creating an endless game of telephone tag.

-My proof was not submitted to me within the advertised 24 hour turnaround.

-Emails from this firm (the only email troubles I seemed to be having) were not reaching me. I had given them 2 alternate email addresses, one of which I requested they use from there on out to guarantee receipt of communication, just in case there was an actual problem on my side. Using my alternate email was not carried out.

-I requested an invoice 3 times! before finally receiving it. Prior to that, I had no direct proof of my purchase.

-Since the order took nearly 2 weeks to print (certainly not 2 days), I requested they overnight the package at their cost. All they could offer me was overnight air freight. I offered 2nd day since heading to the airport was not my cup of tea. Heck, I don't even pick up relatives at the airport!

-I didn't get information about pick up/tracking number/all that good stuff until it was sitting at the air port for 1 biz day plus the weekend!

-FINALLY! I make it to the air freight. Thrilled to finally have my brochures in my procession and thoroughly upset that I missed a solid 2 weeks without having these brochures delivered, I arrive at the counter to find out that the air freight company lost my package....

In 48hourprint.com's defense, they did reprint and yes, finally pay for overnight delivery.

Without hesitation, I would NOT recommend www.48hourprint

Allison
Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2004, 02:45 PM

State: North Dakota
Professional Status: Real Estate Agent or Broker

Quote:
Originally posted by allison lucas@Aug 10 2004, 01:39 PM
None of their representatives answer their phones. Directly reaching employees of 48 hour print is near impossible.
The ranch has always had policy and it works swell. Maybe I should add a print shop as a sideline. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with that company.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:49 PM

State: Texas
Professional Status: Certified Residential Appraiser

I adopted the Bucks Ranch phone answering system and I give it a big thumbs up! If I don't recognize the number or name on caller ID, I don't answer. No sales calls to mess with, no comp check requests and no out of state lenders fishing for values. If it is really an important phone call, they will leave a message and I will return the call according to my criteria of importance.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 PM

I do my best to answer the phone and return calls, minus any telemarketers...it's professionally courteous to do so IMO. Regardless, my point with 48hourprint is they don't answer their phones as a religion!!! By the time they called me back, it was on my cell phone at 6am! If you know me, this is not a good thing to do.

I think there's a big difference compared to our business. When you're an online print company and dealing with consumers via the web, you should definitely be partially available to directly reach throughout the day, merely to provide some peace of mind.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:45 AM

State: California

I worked in both quick printing and commercial printing for many years. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Very stressfull and hard to make any money.

Maybe I should start a sideline business of providing printing services to forum members?

The expensive part of color printing (known as 4 color process because it only uses 4 colors - cyan, process red, process yellow and black) is setting up artwork, producing negatives and printing plates and setting up the large presses which run at about $300+ per hour and all the wasted paper involved in getting the colors right. So for about $1,000 you can get 100 or so flyers. For $1100 you can get about 10,000 flyers.

One trick for people who use small amounts of custom flyers and brochures is printing "shells." These have all the color graphics pre-printed and then you send them through your office printer with whatever messges or other information you want. They are printed 8 to a large sheet of paper, fronts and backs at the same time (4 fronts on the left half of the paper and 4 backs on the right side - through the press once, flip the paper over and send it through again) Half the set up costs. So in theory, you could have 4 different 2 sided designs or 8 one sided designs. The cost for the shells is about ten cents each. Very economical when you know how to do it.

Oh the memories. My hands were perpetually ink stained and people mistook me for a mechanic. I indignantly corrected them that I was a printer - like Ben Franklin.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:05 PM

State: Florida

i would suggest finding a local print company that you can pick your stuff up from. That is how I do it. When you use companys half way across the nation, it is common to have shipping problems.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread